• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft is doing rematch at the airport?

ZenUber

I’ve never gotten a rematch from Lyft. Looks like it’s time to stay on line for rides to the airport. I hope this is a permanent change. Has anybody else seen this?

losiglow

Lyft has been doing rematches in SLC for about a year now. Granted, you don't always get one. About 2/3rd's of the time I'd say.

Kodyhead

I’ve never gotten a rematch from Lyft. Looks like it’s time to stay on line for rides to the airport. I hope this is a permanent change. Has anybody else seen this?
You go offline with a lyft trip to the airport?

Hornplayer

Is a "rematch", when you drop a Lyft passenger off at the airport and Lyft lets you skip the queue and immediately get another rider who's waiting at the airport?

I get such immediate requests from Uber frequently (though not every time), but I don't recall if Lyft has done that. I very seldom drive Lyft, since when I turn on both UberDriver and LyftDriver apps at the beginning of the day, Uber nearly always gets me a request first, at which point I take the other service off line. Will put it back on line after I drop off the passenger, but again Uber is first to come through. Wash, rinse, repeat.

TwoFiddyMile

Is a "rematch", when you drop a Lyft passenger off at the airport and Lyft lets you skip the queue and immediately get another rider who's waiting at the airport?

I get such immediate requests from Uber frequently (though not every time), but I don't recall if Lyft has done that. I very seldom drive Lyft, since when I turn on both UberDriver and LyftDriver apps at the beginning of the day, Uber nearly always gets me a request first, at which point I take the other service off line. Will put it back on line after I drop off the passenger, but again Uber is first to come through. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Why is it I always have to play in B flat with you?

welikecamping

Most definitely! Any time before 0900, and especially with Lyft. Problem with Lyft is that they seem to consider anything within a ten-mile radius of the airport an airport rematch. No thank you.

TwoFiddyMile

Because I can sight-transpose all keys, but you can only play one?

(Still trying to figure out how this relates to Lyft rides to/from airports)
Just keeping it light. I can also play in any of the 12 Western keys by ear (unless you expect me to transpose Cherokee on the fly, bleeep that I'd need a day with the chart...)

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes because Lyft will assign a rider without your approval of the packs read.

Yes, that is the correct definition of of a rematch.

MissAnne

Almost always get a rematch with Uber, very rarely do I get one with Lyft, but when I do , they are mostly 45+min rides