Lyft is committing flat out FRAUD at lax

UberIsAllFubared

Lyft has been showing 200% to 300% Prime Time at lax lately, but its been fake. All you get is base rate rides. And on the surge chaser app it doesn't show lyft is "surging" which means lyft if committing a bait and switch at lax, which is fraud. They have done this recently, last time was on Monday, don't know if they did this yesterday.

So essentially, they are luring drivers over to lax with what drivers think is a monster Prime Time, but its a complete bait and switch.

Woon

Lyft has been showing 200% to 300% Prime Time at lax lately, but its been fake. All you get is base rate rides. And on the surge chaser app it doesn't show lyft is "surging" which means lyft if committing a bait and switch at lax, which is fraud. They have done this recently, last time was on Monday, don't know if they did this yesterday.

So essentially, they are luring drivers over to lax with what drivers think is a monster Prime Time, but its a complete bait and switch.
Emily Clarke?

SorryBluetoothOnly

Lyft been doing this for at least the past week. And yes, yesterday too.... Pig Pen posted same type thread for yesterday.

LYBER...

They've been doing this at LAX off and on for a month now. Me and some other drivers were laughing and shaking our heads at the surge chaser readings we were getting a few weeks ago.

Didn't they do this same thing - fake PT - at HARD Summer?

Last edited:

hulksmash

I mentioned this yesterday, Lyft is more sinister than Uber in this regard. I don't know that the 300% applied to the airport, that's just the highest amount in the county. But it was dark pink. Same thing seems to be happening everywhere that has a geofence that directs riders to go to a specific pickup spot.

UberIsAllFubared

Oh shit I just noticed Pig Pens post. Here is a link to his post.

I believe this is an actionable law suit. They are flat out committing fraud, no ifs ands or buts about it. They are baiting drivers to go over there, and then when they get over there no one gets a surge ride. A few weeks ago I let 15 straight rides requests over 10 minutes time out all the while it was a deep deep Pink which should have been at least 300%.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/lyft-its-called-fraud.199523/

hulksmash

County ?? wrong
Do you still see the squares with the PT showing? If so, you're right. I was talking about the range shown at the top. It means the highest PT available within the county at the moment is 300%. This advice applies to those who can't see it in the squares.

UberIsAllFubared

Do you still see the squares with the PT showing? If so, you're right. I was talking about the range shown at the top. It means the highest PT available within the county at the moment is 300%. This advice applies to those who can't see it in the squares.

Yes, its exactly as shown on Pig Pens thread on the same topic. Two super dark pink squares covering the entire terminals. This is flat out fraud. I may just call those lawyers on those posters by lax when I get back on Friday.

arto71

No I don't see PT on squares ,but what I was referring was County.
Lyft has gone from fraud to Total fraud, PM % is for the Great State of California.
Here while I'm in LA I can see San Diego to San Francisco
F you Lyft
IMG_3022.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG

SorryBluetoothOnly

Yes, and he's saying that range at the top extends far far beyond LA County. It used to apply to the county only.

UberLaLa

Lyft has gone from fraud to Total fraud, PM % is for the Great State of California.
F you Lyft View attachment 155638 View attachment 155639 View attachment 155640

Imagine the frustration from the Lyft Newb that hauls down from Santa Barbara to get some of that nice dark pink at LAX. Or over from Sacramento to SF...freakin LYBER.

UberIsAllFubared

Imagine the frustration from the Lyft Newb that hauls down from Santa Barbara to get some of that nice dark pink at LAX. Or over from Sacramento to SF...freakin LYBER.

No way is this shit legal. Its the same thing as car dealer saying they are selling a car for a price, then not ever have a car at that price on the lot.

This is exactly why these two con job companies need to be regulated. Time after time both of these companies prove they are the shadiest companies on the planet. And Lyft tries to sell themselves as the company that cares about the driver, all the while committing fraud.

hulksmash

F you Lyft View attachment 155638 View attachment 155639 View attachment 155640
It's only for the county. I'm in the IE and can clearly see dark pink squares in LA county and elsewhere but my banner will show only 25% because of one little pink square somewhere in the region, or no PT banner, even though I know LA has higher PT regions. Same thing happened when I was in San Diego over the weekend. Whenever I see a high PT number and it's not in an obvious location, it's usually one dark pink square out in the burbs.

Jmarsbeats

I emailed them and they gave me the BS answer: " Oh, primetime changes by the second and it depends on where the client request from."

So I called and got a black woman that kept it 100 with me. I said look, what is with the false advertisement. I understand that even if i sit in pink that doesnt mean i will get a prime time ride. but When it comes to LAX, it shows surge at the Airport, not where i am parked. SOOOOO why am i not getting a surge ride. I told them that I have accepted 4 different rides from different terminals and cancelled just to check and NONE had surge yet it shows pink alllllll over.

She thought it was crazy and asked a coworker who then told her to tell me the generic Prime time answer and she said, what... this doesnt make sense. Its false advertisement. she said im sorry, i underestand and if i were you i would be frustrated too. She didn't know how to really help, i could tell she was kind of new because she was really nice and kept it 100 when i said it was shenanigans.

Somethings got to Give!!

LoveBC

I emailed them and they gave me the BS answer: " Oh, primetime changes by the second and it depends on where the client request from."

So I called and got a black woman that kept it 100 with me. I said look, what is with the false advertisement. I understand that even if i sit in pink that doesnt mean i will get a prime time ride. but When it comes to LAX, it shows surge at the Airport, not where i am parked. SOOOOO why am i not getting a surge ride. I told them that I have accepted 4 different rides from different terminals and cancelled just to check and NONE had surge yet it shows pink alllllll over.

She thought it was crazy and asked a coworker who then told her to tell me the generic Prime time answer and she said, what... this doesnt make sense. Its false advertisement. she said im sorry, i underestand and if i were you i would be frustrated too. She didn't know how to really help, i could tell she was kind of new because she was really nice and kept it 100 when i said it was shenanigans.

Somethings got to Give!!
She won't last long in that position.

UberIsAllFubared

Somethings got to Give!!

If lyft keeps it up, I will consult a lawyer about it. Its flat out fraud what they are doing at lax, and if they are doing it there, you know damn well they are doing it everywhere.

JasonB

No way is this shit legal. Its the same thing as car dealer saying they are selling a car for a price, then not ever have a car at that price on the lot.

This is exactly why these two con job companies need to be regulated. Time after time both of these companies prove they are the shadiest companies on the planet. And Lyft tries to sell themselves as the company that cares about the driver, all the while committing fraud.
My favorite is when they promise massive bonuses for drivers who give a
certain amount of rides at festivals or big events, then flood the the area
with so many drivers that no one has a chance to hit the incentives.

Lyft even stoops so low as to offer enormous incentives for out of town
drivers to flood a market, making 100% certain that local drivers can't
make sh** on any of the few opportunities there are any more in a given
year.

Honestly, at this point, as UberLaLa has made clear, differentiating these
two scumbag companies is nearly impossible.

The 'drivers' rideshare company my a**.