• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft in KY

Lessthanminimum

It's funny how I had to have an inspection and do an online course for Uber but Lyft seems to care less. They've never stopped me from going online without proof of either of these. I guess they're not worried about Kentucky laws.

My acceptance rate on Lyft is now about 4%. Here where I live it's mostly trash rides. Lot of pings are 15 or 20 minutes away. Who drives 15 or 20 minutes to pick up a ride that's probably a mile or two? How does that make any economic sense?

Uber rates are not great but at least there's some consistent surge in northern Kentucky. With Lyft unless you're right downtown Cincy you very rarely see surge pricing. I use to turn on the Lyft app for slow times but I realized it's not even worth it. Now I just let the pings time out unless it's a hotel.

Well I just saw they're opening a hub downtown that's exciting. LOL

acrossthecity

It's funny how I had to have an inspection and do an online course for Uber but Lyft seems to care less. They've never stopped me from going online without proof of either of these. I guess they're not worried about Kentucky laws.

My acceptance rate on Lyft is now about 4%. Here where I live it's mostly trash rides. Lot of pings are 15 or 20 minutes away. Who drives 15 or 20 minutes to pick up a ride that's probably a mile or two? How does that make any economic sense?

Uber rates are not great but at least there's some consistent surge in northern Kentucky. With Lyft unless you're right downtown Cincy you very rarely see surge pricing. I use to turn on the Lyft app for slow times but I realized it's not even worth it. Now I just let the pings time out unless it's a hotel.

Well I just saw they're opening a hub downtown that's exciting. LOL
Post automatically merged:

Yes it's true. I virtually do not even use Lyft down in the city because Uber pays so much better on the surge pricing. I don't know why Lyft gives us pings 15 to 20 minutes away, I've talked to other drivers and many are frustrated. At least Uber doesn't go out above 10 mi I don't know what the problem is with Lyft.I personally called left and told them I don't want requests 27 minutes away.... I've even offered advice hoping they might analyze it...something to the extent of there's currently no drivers in your area within a ---- radius .. are you willing to pay an upcharge ( $5 more) to have your ride at this time or would you like to wait....
you would think that if there's no driver within 15 to 20 minutes why.....that should be surge mania....but there is never any...with Lyft...or at least very often... Why Lyft.. is there not a surge if you have to travel 20 minutes??????? Why would surge pricing not going to affect ....that means there's no available drivers Lyft ...right. Geez