1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft in Iowa?

Discussion in 'Des Moines' started by BizyMom, Sep 6, 2015.

1. BizyMom

BizyMom

So, Uber just came to limited cities in Iowa and I'm super new - a whopping 5 rides under my belt. Reading this and other information on the interwebs, lots of drivers say Lyft is better to them and/or they work both.

Anyone know if/when Lyft might come around here?

bobper likes this.
  2. Urban_Uber

Urban_Uber

I doubt it will anytime soon. Lyft is much, much smaller than Uber and seems to be concentrated on major cities. I could see it maybe next year once the rideshare pool has grown substantially and there are enough experienced drivers available.

BizyMom likes this.
  3. Willzuber

Willzuber

Driving:
    Lyft
    Perhaps if Lyft would come to DsM, Uber would change rates. We need competition to make a buck.

4. Lando74

Lando74

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm not sure you understand how that competition would work out for the drivers...

5. Willzuber

Willzuber

Driving:
    Lyft
    I would like to think that perhaps driving for Lyft would have better benefits. I'm not sure how many drivers there are. It doesn't make much a difference to me anyway since I am about to bag this job.

6. Lyft let's pax tip you, uber never will

7. Willzuber

Willzuber

Driving:
    Lyft
    Competition. Uber may change this if Lyft comes along and allows tips.