1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lyft - how do you text pax? It only gives you option to call

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by AuxCordBoston, Jan 11, 2017.

1. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Lyft - how do you text pax? It only gives you option to call

JTR likes this.
  2. POOLKiller

POOLKiller Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's the same number that you call. Just save the number and send the text.

Myersguy, grams777, JTR and 3 others like this.
  3. AuxCordBoston

Thanks

JTR likes this.
  4. JTR

JTR Active Member

Wow:) thats all...

5. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

They don't really want you texting while you're driving, so they removed that. If a pax texts you, you'll get a note from lyft saying don't txt and drive, but here's a txt from your pax.

6. AuxCordBoston

I don't like talking, plus there's no record of the phone convo. A text is the best proof that you contacted the rider prior to a no show cancelation.

7. sfodriver

sfodriver Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    This is such a dumb feature. Pax texts you with instructions as to where exactly to pick them up and you can't really read the message until you get there...and then can't really reply from within the app as easily as the pax can text you in the first place. It's about as dumb as receiving cancellations as a notification which comes and goes quickly that you might miss it as you navigate to the pickup.

Sgt_PaxHauler likes this.
  8. AuxCordBoston

I have had a few instances on Lyft where I accept the ping, begin driving, then pax cancels. But I don't know pax cancelled because the only notification of the cancel is a text message which I don't see because I am following google maps!

Sgt_PaxHauler likes this.
  9. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15 Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Some where on this forum I read where all your calls thru the app are recorded along with any texts you send, this only applies to calls and texts thru Lyft's network using the app. I much rather text than call, as I've had issues with calling and talking to "undesirable" pax, where as in texting, you at least can review what your texting before hitting send.

10. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

Can you set your text messages to pop up a preview over the current in use app? For me it pops up shows the cancel and then goes away. Still looks like an unread txt message.

11. JimS

JimS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    BUT, a text won't qualify for contacting a passenger. If you don't actually let the phone ring, no cancel fee.

12. AuxCordBoston

That's what I did. So now I see a pop up.

MSUGrad9902 likes this.
  13. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I wear a Bluetooth ear piece. I have lyft numbers that I get texts from set to a special text tone so I know when I get one from them while driving. There is one from passenger texts, and there is second number for cancels.

14. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to text them? You should be driving in the opposite direction or avoiding their call :)

AuxCordBoston likes this.
  15. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

How do you set this up on iPhone to see the cancellation notice and the text from Pax while navigating?

16. AuxCordBoston

Go into settings in your iPhone, go to notifications, chose the app you want, then tap the "alert style when unlocked" option you want. You want to chose "alert."