Lyft hourly includes tips on earnings.

San Diego Steve

I just noticed that this weeks Lyft hourly guarantees included tips I received on qualified hourly rides. It never did before. If I earned $10 net for 2 rides and its $25 fare per hour at $20 net after 20% comission, they would pay me extra $10 subsidy. I know it's cumulative for all hours at individual hourly rate, just an example. My tips were included this past week so I got shorted on my subsidy. Let me know what you guys find on your end. I fired off an inquiry with Lyft to see if they changed their program. Tips are included in earnings category but they say not included in the hourly guarantee.

DSLRreel

I didn't read that in the fine print. I looked over my daily driver summary and my weekly driver summary. Neither show ride times so I'm not sure how to count up ride fees and tips for the garunteed hours. I'm waiting to hear what others have experienced.

Last edited:

UberThisMK

I can tell you that in LA, lyft guarantee payments are reduced by any tips earned during the guarantee period. I would assume it works the same way in SD.

San Diego Steve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can tell you that in LA, lyft guarantee payments are reduced by any tips earned during the guarantee period. I would assume it works the same way in SD.
Thanks for confirmation, this just happened in SD market last week. They state that tips, prime time and Power drive bonus are exclusive to hourly pay on website. No reply yet from Lyft.