Lyft hourly guarantees Outdside Lands

yucklyftline

Not as consistent as Uber but they do send these out on big weekends. It's been about 3-4 weeks since the last one.

Screenshot_2016-08-04-18-14-00.png

Euius

I got these, but not Uber's. So I might drive Lyft some. Probably only bother with the $45 ones.

Also got email about Lyft's Express Car, which they're rolling out in SF.

Wish I got email from Uber.

yucklyftline

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got these, but not Uber's. So I might drive Lyft some. Probably only bother with the $45 ones.

Also got email about Lyft's Express Car, which they're rolling out in SF.

Wish I got email from Uber.
I'm always torn with lyfts hourlies. Uber is nice because you can perform all your rides and relax. The beauty of lyfts guarantees are that if my first ride in any of those hours is $30+, I'll make sure not to qualify for that hour, so it doesn't spill over into another hour where I only managed 2 $5 minimum rides, and actually hurt my bottom line.

75% of 35 is $26.25. Anything over this amount and I'm either not going to stay logged in for 50 min or if it takes me out of the SF coverage area, I won't do the necessary 3 rides to qualify.

It also depends on how much you're 2 qualiflying rides total in each hour. If you do 2 minimums in that hour, $10 total, subtracted from the $35 gives you $25. They will pay me 75% of 25, $18.75, plus the $10, for a total of $28.75, not as much as the guaranteed $35/hr, but the higher you can get your 2 rides per hour, the more of that you keep.

................Looks like express car has one major flaw in that you can't qualify for pdb.

We'll see how this cookie crumbles.

Euius

75% of 35 is $26.25. Anything over this amount and I'm either not going to stay logged in for 50 min or if it takes me out of the SF coverage area, I won't do the necessary 3 rides to qualify.
It's too easy to hit $26 in an hour, and I'm not out away from my comfy couch just to sit offline in some parking lot.

Besides, if I do it at all, I will also want to hit 30 rides on Lyft (I'm at two right now) as well

The last week I got Lyft guarantees was July 8th and 9th. I attempted 12 hours and only qualified for 9. Was bonused a grand total of $135

................Looks like express car has one major flaw in that you can't qualify for pdb.
Deal killer.

yucklyftline

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Besides, if I do it at all, I will also want to hit 30 rides on Lyft (I'm at two right now) as well
Plenty of strategies to consider. I don't have to worry about knocking out the ride count, I do 120+ on lyft a week mixed in with uber surges.

It's so ironic the difference between driving for the 2. With lyft, I want all long rides because I can keep more of the total, especially if it's surging. But lyft is known for a bunch of shorties and occasionally a sfo, eb, PA thrown in. The long rides are nowhere near as plentiful on lyft.

Nobody on uber wants a long ride, you lose 20/25% on each one, and the $4.16 you're supplemented every ride for getting the $500 bonus is negated more on a long surgey. The script has totally been flipped.

Euius

I wouldn't want long rides with lyfts program, or in fact any program at all. I can guarantee that unless your ride to Palo alto is 2x, then I'll make more from just fares staying in the city.

That and Lyft charges me 25%. Uber Only 20% for guarantees and pool