Lyft/hertz in los angeles

Benalepsy87

Just got a text message saying their car rental programs are starting in LA next week. Anyone know any details on this? Is this the same as the GM partnership, where it's no cost if you do a certain amount if trips? If so, I might actually do it.

macchiato

I think it's tiered off at the PDB rides (45/75). Depending on the rides you get the vehicle "free."

Benalepsy87

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you know any more details, like what type of cars, etc? I'm kind of interested in this because it's unlimited mileage and maintenance/insurance is included. Might be too good to be true...

Benalepsy87

Saw that. It literally doesn't say anything about the program in LA or what types of cars, or any details. Guess I'll wait for more info that I requested from support.

LA Dispatcher

I thought Hertz had struck a deal with Uber. The CPUC dropped the ball by not pressuring Uber/Lyft to allow drivers to rent from anywhere.

Benalepsy87

This was my text from lyft received less than 1 hour ago.

"Lyft here: Our Hertz partnership launches in LA next week! Want to save wear and tear on your own car? Request a rental: http://bit.ly/29lIP5f"

mickeyhey

Just got a text message saying their car rental programs are starting in LA next week. Anyone know any details on this? Is this the same as the GM partnership, where it's no cost if you do a certain amount if trips? If so, I might actually do it.
NO not the same thing as GM thing.

Amuser

Yes...i rented one from Enterprise yesterday and went to Westwood office to pick up a permit but i could not get it. It is LAX policy not Uber.

Benalepsy87

Yes...i rented one from Enterprise yesterday and went to Westwood office to pick up a permit but i could not get it. It is LAX policy not Uber.
Are you renting one due to a car repair? What are the rates and type of car?

Benalepsy87

Ooooops...Unexpectedly I just received an email from Uber w/LAX permit for a rental car~kkk
Are you willing to give the details of your rental and type of car? I'm just curious as to what options are out there..

Amuser

Mine is under repair. Rent should be 28 days minimum and $214+tax a week...Hyundai Elantra...Enterprise send a bill to Uber daily and Uber deduct it from my earnings. It seems weekly. I do not know yet...

Benalepsy87

Mine is under repair. Rent should be 28 days minimum and $214+tax a week...Hyundai Elantra...Enterprise send a bill to Uber daily and Uber deduct it from my earnings. It seems weekly. I do not know yet...
Hmm, seems like way too much to do as a regular thing, but I'll look into the lyft one with Hertz. I can understand you're only doing it due to repair..