• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft has followed Uber in regards to Rate Cuts!

AnonymousUberer

Just got the email too. Knew it was coming.

I also got any email from an actual person yesterday with Uber asking why it's been so long since I've driven and if I have any questions or concerns to please let them know. I responded asking how long the "temporary" rate cut was going to last. I'm shocked they haven't responded.

scrurbscrud

I don't drive for Lyft, what I was laughing about is all the defending of Lyft before you guys got the notices.
Anyone who's driven for any length of time knew this was coming. Lyft was previously a little slower, but this time they sped things up, or is that down?

Snowtop

So far you have been happy with Uber lowering rates because you believed Uber lies about generating mite business. Now you are happy Lyft lowers rates. Not much of a person are you.

PowerTrip

Winter Strategy Update

No driver likes a price change, so we try to make them only when we have to. We know from testing prices in the past that affordability is the first consideration in getting passengers to take Lyft. With recent price changes from the competition, we need to take action to protect ridership and your long-term earnings.

We’ll continue providing you with the best earnings opportunities of any platform, through better pricing, tips, and Power Driver Bonuses.

Winter Pricing Effective Friday, Jan. 15
Cost per mile: $0.70
Cost per minute: $0.10
Lyft Plus cost per mile: $1.18
Lyft Plus cost per minute: $0.21

The good news is our exclusive incentives and programs are paying off. We'll keep doing all we can to make sure driving with Lyft is the most lucrative for you.

Driver Earnings in Perspective

13% increase
year/year in avg hourly pay
$58,000,000
total paid in tips
$27,000,000
total in Power Driver Bonus

We are working hard to continue the momentum as the platform people prefer to use. In the last year, driver earnings have increased 13% because of this work and your great service.

I don't drive for Lyft, what I was laughing about is all the defending of Lyft before you guys got the notices.
yes, there was a lot of Lyft lifting going on here......so much for that... I still recommend a driver's strike, longer waits for cars will rile up the rider base to join our cause......

superise

Winter Strategy Update

No driver likes a price change, so we try to make them only when we have to. We know from testing prices in the past that affordability is the first consideration in getting passengers to take Lyft. With recent price changes from the competition, we need to take action to protect ridership and your long-term earnings.

We’ll continue providing you with the best earnings opportunities of any platform, through better pricing, tips, and Power Driver Bonuses.

Winter Pricing Effective Friday, Jan. 15
Cost per mile: $0.70
Cost per minute: $0.10
Lyft Plus cost per mile: $1.18
Lyft Plus cost per minute: $0.21

The good news is our exclusive incentives and programs are paying off. We'll keep doing all we can to make sure driving with Lyft is the most lucrative for you.

Driver Earnings in Perspective

13% increase
year/year in avg hourly pay
$58,000,000
total paid in tips
$27,000,000
total in Power Driver Bonus

We are working hard to continue the momentum as the platform people prefer to use. In the last year, driver earnings have increased 13% because of this work and your great service.
What is the minimum price?

Chisox1125

yes, there was a lot of Lyft lifting going on here......so much for that... I still recommend a driver's strike, longer waits for cars will rile up the rider base to join our cause......
Go after both of em, it's what Tampa officials failed to do 6 plus months ago.

sillymako83

As the driver of an XL/PLUS, my plan was to drive only LYFT and XL/Select only. Not having an option to drive as LYFT PLUS only, I can no longer afford to drive for LYFT.
Another thing to understand. When UBER or LYFT use the term "DRIVERS EARN MORE..." that is referring to their overall revenue increase. This does not mean individual drivers earn more. Fortunately, I do not require the use of either service often. Is the decrease an excellent opportunity for a PAX....OBVIOUSLY...but I refuse to give either company 20-25% of my fare any longer. I am going to boycott both by not driving as well as not riding. I rather give a smelly cab a fair wage. I would even be willing to give a driver a full cash payment and cancel the app ride all together. Neither company deserves a penny from a driver or a rider.

Chisox1125

As the driver of an XL/PLUS, my plan was to drive only LYFT and XL/Select only. Not having an option to drive as LYFT PLUS only, I can no longer afford to drive for LYFT.
Another thing to understand. When UBER or LYFT use the term "DRIVERS EARN MORE..." that is referring to their overall revenue increase. This does not mean individual drivers earn more. Fortunately, I do not require the use of either service often. Is the decrease an excellent opportunity for a PAX....OBVIOUSLY...but I refuse to give either company 20-25% of my fare any longer. I am going to boycott both by not driving as well as not riding. I rather give a smelly cab a fair wage. I would even be willing to give a driver a full cash payment and cancel the app ride all together. Neither company deserves a penny from a driver or a rider.
Put it in simpler terms, they both suck.

victorious52

70 cents a mile
10 cents a minute

This guy <~~ is done!

Effective Today!
seems like me getting the boot from uber was a blessing! now both uber and lyft are way too low! i remember some time ago i said they were going after the bus crowd, now i think i was right! when i started a year and a half ago it was good!