Lyft Guarantees this weekend

Euius

Unlike Uber, I actually get guarantees for Lyft, and this week I happen to have a an acceptance rate that doesn't suck.

So, Friday 7pm-3am $40, Saturday 7pm-3am $45

Two rides originating in northwest SF, or three rides anywhere in SF Bay per hour.

Only problem is I'm fighting a cold and with the slowness this week I've been wondering if I'll even make 80 rides for Uber for the monthly. I do like that I could hang out in Berkeley and get three rides an hour to qualify.

yucklyftline

Unlike Uber, I actually get guarantees for Lyft, and this week I happen to have a an acceptance rate that doesn't suck.

So, Friday 7pm-3am $40, Saturday 7pm-3am $45

Two rides originating in northwest SF, or three rides anywhere in SF Bay per hour.

Only problem is I'm fighting a cold and with the slowness this week I've been wondering if I'll even make 80 rides for Uber for the monthly. I do like that I could hang out in Berkeley and get three rides an hour to qualify.
I think you mean northeast, but where is the border on the west side? 19th Ave below gg park, but what about above? I'm not accepting anything west of 18th to be safe. As for below, I wonder if the houses on the west side of 19th are ineligible for the requirements. Anyone get stiffed?

And does a 2 pax lyft line satisfy the requirement or is a line considered 1 ride, no matter how many pax?

Last edited:

Euius

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Line counts per pickup.

Now my question is do I need to get two rides between 7 and 8 and another two rides between 8 and 9 or does any four rides count for two hours?

Because if its the former I already lost one hour.

Already decided I'm stopping Lyft at 1am. A break for food then ubers 2am surge will be worth more

yucklyftline

Line counts per pickup.

Now my question is do I need to get two rides between 7 and 8 and another two rides between 8 and 9 or does any four rides count for two hours?

Already decided I'm stopping Lyft at 1am. A break for food then ubers 2am surge will be worth more
2 per hour, every hour

Euius

So it looks like I worked six hours of the guarantee and will only get paid for four. Even though I did sixteen pickups.

Barely made $1 a mile on fares because I had to keep driving back to the "approved" area empty.

And I started the day with 100% acceptance, didn't miss anything and now have 92% acceptance. Meaning I can't refuse a single ping for the week or I lose all guarantee hours.

Combined with the higher commission rate for Line I don't think the guarantee is paying me much more. And because of acceptance I'm at risk for losing all of it

Made $90 on base fares in those 16 rides, but I made $60 on my two pickup Uberpool ride at 2am. Jeez

yucklyftline

And I started the day with 100% acceptance, didn't miss anything and now have 92% acceptance. Meaning I can't refuse a single ping for the week or I lose all guarantee hours.
That's the good part of Lyfts guarantees compared to uber. You have the whole week to work on the acceptance rate. So many people disqualify themselves, or get disqualified by a ghost ping on uber, it's ridiculous......

I still don't know if the guarantee was until 2am or 3am. I was bored and decided to go to the airport for one of the hours, essentially disqualifying me for that hour. But does that hours total count towards the 7-3 timeblock? It would make sense to disqualify yourself if say your first ride in the hour was a long PT ride. Better to log out for less than 50 min during the hour or if it takes you out of the shaded area, pickup just 1 other rider instead of the 3 required.

I caught nothing but mininum rides for a majority of the hours, which worked out quite well. Kept driving back to my original position, like clockwork

yucklyftline

Some of us didn't even get Lyft guarantees ☹
I haven't received guarantees since pride week, and before that, b2b.

Wouldn't want to do guarantees every week tho, especially for lyft. Takes the fun out of driving. Do 2 rides, park, do 2 rides, park, 2 rides, park and eat, etc etc

Euius

That's the good part of Lyfts guarantees compared to uber. You have the whole week to work on the acceptance rate.
No. That's the bad part. Worst that happens with uber is losing the block of hours it happens in

With lyft, if I work the guarantee tonight I risk losing the hours from last night

yucklyftline

No. That's the bad part. Worst that happens with uber is losing the block of hours it happens in

With lyft, if I work the guarantee tonight I risk losing the hours from last night
When you hit pdb every week, 90% acceptance is not a big deal. It really depends on your situation.

I'd rather have the option to do a few rides on Sunday to bring my acceptance rate up than to lose out on a whole block of guarantees and have no recourse or back up option

Euius

When you hit pdb every week, 90% acceptance is not a big deal. It really depends on your situation.
That's the point. I do not hit power driver on lyft because lyft makes it impossible for me to hit power driver on lyft. Power drive on Lyft is also inferior to Power driver plus on uber.

It's also the point that I only drove Lyft because of the guarantees. Otherwise it's the financial booby prize to work for Lyft instead of Uber, so I don't.

Yet, I'm at risk to lose what I already earned if I work more. That's the problem.

yucklyftline

I'm guessing if the email says 3am then it's 3am. That's what Lyft late night guarantees usually are.
The text yesterday afternoon said 2am. And the guarantees are usually til 2.

I know this because whatever happens before 2am is Lyft's. Anything after 2am is aaaaalllllll miiiiiinne!

luvgurl22

Line counts per pickup.

Starts at the top of every hour to the next hour ex.7-8(2/3 rides), 8-9(2/3rides),9-10(2/3rides) etc

Euius

I got 4 rides 7-8pm tonight, and then nothing until 10:15. Six hours worked, a total of thirteen pickups but only four hours qualified again, just like Friday

So instead of $45/hr it's being paid $45 for four hours ($180) over six hours actual time, or $30/hr before commission. $22.50 after commission. Or exactly what I made Wednesday on Uber, except this was a Saturday

I believe that ends my experiment with Lyft hourly guarantees. They suck. Seems designed specifically to antagonize and cause failure. Thxbutnothx,