Lyft Guarantees for DFW for week of 08/17/15

D Town

I got that email. Next week is busy for me so I don't know if I can swing it but I'm sure going to try.

Getting one ride per hour on Lyft can be very hard. I've tried to get those guarantees and it's tough.

There are a lot of Lyft rides out there, but it's very easy to go more than an hour between Lyft pings.

Lyft also does that thing where they ping you for a ride that is 20+ minutes away. I don't know what to do with that. If you don't take it, you won't get the guaranteed money, but who knows where you are going to be sitting when that ride is over.

Overall, though, I really like Lyft. I get tips on about a third of my Lyft rides, and sometimes the tip is $5-$10 and the PAX are almost always easier to deal with than Uber PAX.

Lyft in Dallas is just a very different game from Uber.

D Town

Getting one ride per hour on Lyft can be very hard. I've tried to get those guarantees and it's tough.

There are a lot of Lyft rides out there, but it's very easy to go more than an hour between Lyft pings.

Lyft also does that thing where they ping you for a ride that is 20+ minutes away. I don't know what to do with that. If you don't take it, you won't get the guaranteed money, but who knows where you are going to be sitting when that ride is over.

Overall, though, I really like Lyft. I get tips on about a third of my Lyft rides, and sometimes the tip is $5-$10 and the PAX are almost always easier to deal with than Uber PAX.

Lyft in Dallas is just a very different game from Uber.
Good to know. I'm likely going to be giving them a try tomorrow night.

andaas

When that happens, I call the passenger and explain that I am over 15 miles and over 20 minutes away and apologize that for some reason the Lyft system connected me with them. I offer to come pick them up (though I have no intention to), but explain that they may want to cancel and re-request. They typically have no problem with this (just make sure you turn off driver mode for a few minutes after they cancel so you don't get their request again).

If the passenger cancels, it doesn't count against your acceptance rate, and you can still qualify for the guarantees.