Lyft Guarantee this weekend?

surlywynch

Meh!

I decided to give it a go this weekend, since I managed somehow to get my acceptance rate up. I managed to fulfill the ride requirements for less than 1/2 of the hours I was out, and only got the guarantee for one of those hours (I got a long ride to Durham, and that pushed my actual earnings over the guarantee threshold for one of those periods) Just too many drivers out. Cant even find 2 rides/hr, even in busy Lyft areas.

I did do a few Uber rides during the time period. Even with the guarantees, I think I would have more income for the same time period if I had both apps open and accepting the first one to ping (almost always Uber).

Uber Roanoke Robert

I tried. As usual, waste of time. 2 trips in 3 hours. Thankfully 1 was $28. Could have made more doing both.

Friday night had 2 Uber trips at 2x back to back in heavy rain.

1.2 miles
2.3 miles

Waste of time.

Disgusted Driver

That's funny, yes way too many people our chasing the guarantees, was very hard to get the 2 some much so, here's what happened too me.

9 to 10, home, no ping by 9:30 so turned it off.
10:15 get concert ping, select 1.2, start heading over, cancel cause it's going up, get a 2.9 select, won't walk out to trinity, cancel, get another 2.9 select, they walk out, pick them up, get them to carry at 11 and get $32.
11 to midnight get 2 lyft rides make guarantee.
12:02 get lyft call 75% prime time, long ride to fv, 35 net, done at 12:40 so I go offline so this hour won't qualify.
1 to 1:50 get 2 rides to make guarantee.
2:02 get a ride up to Stonehenge. Hustle and get back to Glenwood south by 2:30. Could not for the life of me get another ride by 3 some 11 bucks net for the last hour.
Was on uber select most of the time, no calls. So 130 total for a big concert guarantee Saturday night. Once again, had to be 500 drivers out there just for the concert.

Rittz19007

Got 2 of the 35 buck blocks But did Uber trips during Did have to let 2 rides go Hurt a little as I was only 5 rides away from hitting 90 bonus Could have got today but was not feeling it Should Have hit it by 9 lastnight But yes way to many drivers out for the hourly At one point from 10 to 12 I did all Uber with lyft app on

surlywynch

I should have kept both apps online the entire time. I only turned on Uber when it was obvious I was not gonna get that second ride in any particular hour.

Disgusted Driver

Ended up doing pretty well last night. Made all 3 hours at 30 an hour, and got 2 uber rides for 33 bucks inn the mix. So 105 for roughly 100 miles in 3 1/4 hours. Now, only problem I have is dealing with the phone that is sitting in my car from the last pax in Fuquay (I'm in Raleigh). I'm sure not taking it down there.

Disgusted Driver

Uber phone? Greenlight hub? $15 return fee surely not worth it to FV.
they got in touch with me while I was running errands this morning. With this new phone locate crap its easy for people to pinpoint where the phone is. Had them meet me at the breugers on wade ave because that's what was convenient for me. No problem, no tip off course but relatively painless and I didn't have to go out of my way or be a dick. I did however resist the urge to give myself 5 stars and a tip.

grayspinner

they got in touch with me while I was running errands this morning. With this new phone locate crap its easy for people to pinpoint where the phone is. Had them meet me at the breugers on wade ave because that's what was convenient for me. No problem, no tip off course but relatively painless and I didn't have to go out of my way or be a &%[email protected]!*. I did however resist the urge to give myself 5 stars and a tip.

Go into the app & report that you returned an item to your pax & you'll get $15. I did that the other day.

I took a group of 6 with a great deal of luggage from the airport to up past falls lake on xl. I loaded & unloaded all their luggage and they were very grateful my acadia was plenty large enough for them all to travel together.

I got down the street after dropping them off and had to stop and fix the back seat - they didn't put it all the way back into position & it was sliding. When I did that, I found a small carry on bag tucked behind the seat so I drove it back to them.
They were so very appreciative of my customer service and I assumed they would tip generously. The next day, they'd tipped, but only $2 - which I found a bit insulting. So I went to the trip & reported that I'd returned the bag. I didn't even need a photo. Got $15 shortly after - which was more in line with the kind of tip I had expected.

Disgusted Driver

Go into the app & report that you returned an item to your pax & you'll get $15. I did that the other day.

I took a group of 6 with a great deal of luggage from the airport to up past falls lake on xl. I loaded & unloaded all their luggage and they were very grateful my acadia was plenty large enough for them all to travel together.

I got down the street after dropping them off and had to stop and fix the back seat - they didn't put it all the way back into position & it was sliding. When I did that, I found a small carry on bag tucked behind the seat so I drove it back to them.
They were so very appreciative of my customer service and I assumed they would tip generously. The next day, they'd tipped, but only $2 - which I found a bit insulting. So I went to the trip & reported that I'd returned the bag. I didn't even need a photo. Got $15 shortly after - which was more in line with the kind of tip I had expected.
normally I'm right there with you but it's hard for me to justify in my own morally warped world when they were polite and came all the way to me. I know, I'm getting soft but the guy last night who called me after I was waiting 4 minutes and said he would be down in 3 would disagree. No problem I say then cancelled as no show after 5.

Going back a few blocks for the big thank you and 2 bucks, I'm with you, would definitely hit that for 15.