Lyft Gotta be Kidding

UberFalsified

I'm in position awaiting River North r3gular. Meanwhile pax app showing 75 percent in my area just like clockwork every Monday...but, we can't get the surge unless we drive to their staging zone clear center of the city and await to be dispatched.

What a bunch of bullshidt

LoveTheBlues

I do maybe 5 Lyft rides / month so I haven't followed their policies closely. Have they switched away from % PT to a flat rate like Uber? Or is what @Bogda89 posted something different? Edit; just received my notice of personal power zones after opening Lyft app a couple minutes ago. It does appear PT is flying off in the sunset and we will now have this system similar to uber's sticky surge. At least for some anyhow.

Last edited:

UberFalsified

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s like Uber’s sticky. It’s added to your next fare, even you leave the zone. Cancel your next ride and it disappears, though.
It appeared their strategy for the 1st surge of the morning rush was to create a staging zone near Fullerton and the Kennedy for a base of 12 Box and a Max out of $17, Which you can achieve by sitting there just like you're sitting at a penny slot machine watching the progress of increase before your eyes.

Man they let that roll or run for about 20 minutes and then they created the private personalized zone whereby you can only see the search for as far as you can throw a stone.

The Drive Guy

It has already been proven that there are more than enough drivers willing to drive through morning rush hour making essentially little more than .21 cents per minute while sitting in traffic. It also has been proven that within a couple of days people will be on this board gleefully accepting rides in rush hour traffic for a $3 bonus. Meanwhile, in that traffic it takes you 10-12 minutes just to pick up the passenger (unpaid). You then spend the next 30 minutes driving that passenger a total of 3 miles downtown in traffic. 40 minutes of your time for $10-12 (before expenses). Meanwhile, Uber/Lyft then pocket the balance of the $35 fare paid by the customer. Surge money that used to go to drivers .... now goes to Uber/Lyft. Uber drivers adapted to this pricing scheme quickly. Lyft tried and failed the first time, but this time they expect the surge replacement to stay.

Svoloch

They did this a year ago
Then they went back to prime time after a few months
I guess now they went back to it...
What a joke
I guess prime time will be gone for good
Yes. It lasted couple weeks last June. Wonder if this time for good. Brutal crap from pink morons.

New guy65

It has already been proven that there are more than enough drivers willing to drive through morning rush hour making essentially little more than .21 cents per minute while sitting in traffic. It also has been proven that within a couple of days people will be on this board gleefully accepting rides in rush hour traffic for a $3 bonus. Meanwhile, in that traffic it takes you 10-12 minutes just to pick up the passenger (unpaid). You then spend the next 30 minutes driving that passenger a total of 3 miles downtown in traffic. 40 minutes of your time for $10-12 (before expenses). Meanwhile, Uber/Lyft then pocket the balance of the $35 fare paid by the customer. Surge money that used to go to drivers .... now goes to Uber/Lyft. Uber drivers adapted to this pricing scheme quickly. Lyft tried and failed the first time, but this time they expect the surge replacement to stay.
If you’re driving 10 to 12 minutes for a pick up at anytime especially during rush hour you need to rethink your plan.

ChiGuy

This sticky pink zones are useless and a big time RIP OFF, I was today at Wicker Park with Lyft showing about $10 extra on my next ride and here we go - the next 5 pings I got was all over 10 minutes away. You decline them all and then the pink zone is gone. Or you accept a ping start driving towards pax and he cancel since you are 10 mintues away and the pink zone is gone again. Lose-Lose situation. Thank you Lyft!

BeingStewie

It fell apart because they released this on to some drivers as a test, and it failed miserably then since some drivers were getting $2or $4 surges while other drivers were cashing in 200-400% prime time.

So they went back to the drawing board, brought prime time under control, so it rarely surges to 150% after an event, and 20-50% otherwise. And since Uber has changed the surge to $, i think it’s going to stay.

4Wheels5Stars0Hopes

This sticky pink zones are useless and a big time RIP OFF, I was today at Wicker Park with Lyft showing about $10 extra on my next ride and here we go - the next 5 pings I got was all over 10 minutes away. You decline them all and then the pink zone is gone. Or you accept a ping start driving towards pax and he cancel since you are 10 mintues away and the pink zone is gone again. Lose-Lose situation. Thank you Lyft!
If passenger cancels you retain the bonus, though.

blackjackross

I got one last night around midnight. The bonus area for me was essentially Streeterville. I drove around in circles eating a sandwich for about 8 minutes---while I did so the bonus amount steadily increased as long as I stayed in the pink zone and drove around. The bonus started at $5.15 and kept increasing. I got a request on East Ohio when the bonus meter hit $9.65. Ride was only $6 but with the added $9.65 it wasn't a bad return. Stupid f***ing concept if you ask me.

LoveTheBlues

I got one last night around midnight. The bonus area for me was essentially Streeterville. I drove around in circles eating a sandwich for about 8 minutes---while I did so the bonus amount steadily increased as long as I stayed in the pink zone and drove around. The bonus started at $5.15 and kept increasing. I got a request on East Ohio when the bonus meter hit $9.65. Ride was only $6 but with the added $9.65 it wasn't a bad return. Stupid f***ing concept if you ask me.
That won't last; but ride it while you can!

northsider87

Here’s a tip... if you are in downtown and traffic is horrible, do not accept rides longer than a mile.

If it takes you 30 mins to go 3 miles in downtown, stay out of downtown. You clearly don’t know how to get around traffic. lol

New guy65

I got a pink zone this morning around 1030 that was from Michigan and Chicago to lakeshore on the north and east. Was yours the same area?
It’s usua a dead zone around then unless you get a hotel pick up. The stores aren’t really open the people at the hospitals probably aren’t going anywhere and the people who do live there have already gone to work