1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lyft Fail

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by DeplorableDonald, Sep 18, 2017.

1. So I decided to try Lyft this afternoon. Finished my day stuff a little after 4, was in Rosslyn. Lyft was 50% PT zone from 4-5, so why not? Did DF to Dulles so as not to get drawn into the hellhole that is Downtown D.C.

I actually got a ping after a few minutes. Pulled up and it's a young couple with stroller and car seat. She buckles in the kid and sits in the back with the kid. The sperm donor sits up front. I start trip and go maybe half a block. She tells him she needs her phone which was in his pocket. Somehow Einstein, while pulling her phone out of his pocket, managed to cancel the trip. They tried rerequesting me but no luck. Another member of pink Team Camry pulls up, they get their **** and go. I look, no cancel fee. I emailed Lyft's version of Rohit and the gang but nothing back yet.

Then a minute later I get a ping. I assume it's still on DF, so I accept. Pull up and the chick gets in. I start trip and she is going to S.E. D.C.* I tell her I was trying to go to Dulles area and I'd cancel, she wouldn't be charged. She was fine with it.

Does anyone that does Lyft regularly know if you're limited on number of trips you can do en route to your destination?

*Just to prevent the inevitable race riot poo throwing, she was white. I didn't want to go anywhere in D.C. itself, not just S.E. I just have very little tolerance for D.C. rush hour traffic at less than sky high rates, and neither Uber or Lyft offer those anymore. 50% PT isn't high enough for getting stuck in D.C.

MoreTips likes this.
  2. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Destination Filter for Lyft is 100% useless.

3. Kawiz03

Kawiz03

Driving:
    UberX
    Both filters are garbage if you put IAD or BWI it will route you through SE since you can still make it that way via the beltway just going very far from your intented path they just dont allow straight paths

Brandon0315 likes this.
  4. loulou18

loulou18

The DF is f bs, it just doesn't work at all. Lyft should work on that and many other issues.

5. leosc

leosc

Driving:
    UberX
  6. leosc

leosc

Driving:
    UberX

Sneaky Uber & Lyft. Very, very sneaky

7. Park Ranger

Park Ranger

I agree.

8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is interesting what they think is "on the way" some times. I put in a destination of McLean Gardens on Uber from Capitol Hill and got one from Old Downtown to Georgia and Randolph. Yes, you can go to Upshur, cross, go down Arkansas to Piney Branch Parkway to Beach Drive to Porter. Still that consumes too much time going up when you are better off going either West or up and West simultaneously. If it had given me Georgetown from there, or Foggy Bottom (which it has), I understand that. I would understand even Woodley Park or 11th@U and West. Georgia and East, though, consumes too much time. This is one instance where the human being as a dispatcher does better than the computer. A computer can not dispatch; all that it can do is assign trips.

9. New2This

New2This

My personal favorite is when I was surge harloting at FedEx Field. I had Fredericksburg as DF and got a trip to Bethesda. Only Rohit would think Bethesda is on the way.

10. PDT

PDT

Actually, the DF worked for me to IAd today. Usually doesn't though. Of course, they don't want me in D.C. So, it's a win-win. Lol

11. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Rohit doesn't like Google Earth.

DeplorableDonald likes this.
  12. Aztek98

Aztek98

If your pax is in the backseat set the DF to their destination.

Works every time for me.

Well both times I tried it lol

Brandon0315 likes this.
  13. Brandon0315

Brandon0315

Driving:
    UberX
    Me: @ MGM
    Lyft DF: Greenbelt
    Pax Destination: Annandale

Yeah (no!)...because I want to go Greenbelt through Bangladesh, Virginia!

14. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Rohit failed geography.

15. PDT

PDT

MGM is a serious risk. Nobody out there. Only riders are kids that work there and want to go home in the ghetto via POOL.
    Last time out there I went to national harbor and set DF to White House. Had a rider in <5mins. Probably just lucky.