• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Express Drive

Furface

Anyone do Lyft Express Drive? Is it worth it? I almost exclusively drive Uber cause Lyft’s incentives are BS. Can I use Express Drive for Amazon Flex?

I’m ready to get out of the Rideshare game and am working on getting a jobby job FRFR but in the meantime I need to bring in some kind of income. Should I sign up for express drive or start collecting cans?

BostonTaxiDriver

Anyone do Lyft Express Drive? Is it worth it? I almost exclusively drive Uber cause Lyft’s incentives are BS. Can I use Express Drive for Amazon Flex?

I’m ready to get out of the Rideshare game and am working on getting a jobby job FRFR but in the meantime I need to bring in some kind of income. Should I sign up for express drive or start collecting cans?
I did ExpressDrive off and on for two years in Boston. Neve grossed anywhere close to drivers there with their own cars, and Boston has some of the highest rates in the country.

I only later found out ExpressDrive pays less! Sneaky! And they've lowered the ExpressDrive rates at least twice since early 2017! Deductible lowered from $2k to $1k last November, though, as they dropped the rates.

Beware.

Furface

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the heads up! I was suspicious about being able to get enough rides to make it worth it but with the lowered rates I think I will be steering clear.

Rosalita

I think Lyft's Express is a junk program designed to pull in unsuspecting rookies who think getting a "free car" is just "wow!" Until they see the quotas they have to pull each week. I think Lyft's business is drying up big time in Cleveland area and they've done it to themselves - and us. We see little to no benefit to being the Cleveland Indians Official Ride Share company. Or the Cavs. Or Rocket Mortgage Field House. Or any other thing they've managed to latch onto for free publicity. I've had at least 5 pax in the last week who have asked me about the program, said they were interested in it, etc. Lyft must be advertising in certain demographics.

Furface

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As it is now there is no way I could pull enough Lyft rides to make it worthwhile. Hardly get any Lyft requests as is and when I do the fare is almost always under $10.