Lyft express drive possible scam?

beasthpc

Lyft express drive was my first experience with rideshare, and here is my take on it, that I wish I would have seen somewhere else on here.

As me Being from the Baltimore/Washington/Virginia region Unless you plan to do Lyft FULL time, stay far away from the express rental program!! I had to work minimum off 39hrs qouted to make the 65 rental free qouta. Did this for about 3 weeks and every week only made about 450$ after thier all thier fees. There was even a week when i was cutting it close to the 4:59am Monday cut off period.. It was on a Sunday afternoon I had 62 rides then all of a sudden I got timed out, but mind you I had taken an over 8hr break from the last time I was lyfting I sent them numerous emails back and forth. And they kept giving me the same bs response "you have reached the limit and are required to take a 6hr break) and I kept responding to them with the screenshots to prove that I only had been on the app for 6hrs..so I then had to stay up until 2am for my app to kick back in. Just to finish my last three rides.. There are 3 rentals currently at Baltimore all priced weekly Malibu 139/w Impala 219/w and Equinox 249/w.. So as you can see if you do not make the qouta you then pay from your already shitty earned dollars and if you don't get 40. You also pay for all the miles you used while using their car at .25c a mile! In addition you are charged the same rate for any miles you use outside the app.. So before anyone does this I would definitely take super caution! Not worth it at all!! But if anyone else is having a much better experience please share!!

Attachments

RedoBeach

Lyft express drive was my first experience with rideshare, and here is my take on it, that I wish I would have seen somewhere else on here.

As me Being from the Baltimore/Washington/Virginia region Unless you plan to do Lyft FULL time, stay far away from the express rental program!! I had to work minimum off 39hrs qouted to make the 65 rental free qouta. Did this for about 3 weeks and every week only made about 450$ after thier all thier fees. There was even a week when i was cutting it close to the 4:59am Monday cut off period.. It was on a Sunday afternoon I had 62 rides then all of a sudden I got timed out, but mind you I had taken an over 8hr break from the last time I was lyfting I sent them numerous emails back and forth. And they kept giving me the same bs response "you have reached the limit and are required to take a 6hr break) and I kept responding to them with the screenshots to prove that I only had been on the app for 6hrs..so I then had to stay up until 2am for my app to kick back in. Just to finish my last three rides.. There are 3 rentals currently at Baltimore all priced weekly Malibu 139/w Impala 219/w and Equinox 249/w.. So as you can see if you do not make the qouta you then pay from your already shitty earned dollars and if you don't get 40. You also pay for all the miles you used while using their car at .25c a mile! In addition you are charged the same rate for any miles you use outside the app.. So before anyone does this I would definitely take super caution! Not worth it at all!! But if anyone else is having a much better experience please share!!
Did your contract with Hertz say you would be charged for personal miles? The Lyft contract provided via Hertz that I saw says "unlimited miles." Curious if you somehow were provided something else since I did not actually rent a car.

Get Dat Money

Sorry for the hole that you so happened to fall into...$880 per month to help make someone else rich...look at it this way we're basically paying to work

I did express drive a month ago! I returned my Malibu because in the DC region you need 75 trips to waive the rental fee. This is HARD to do with Lyft. They know it's hard to get that number so they have to do what they have to do
To try to collect the rental fee.

I ended up returning the car after 2 Weeks.

What also sucks is that when you do the express drive you are NOT entitled to any promos or bonuses like the power drive bonus or any hourly guarantees. It's definitely set up for you to fail.

I would tell people it's not worth it since you are not eligible for any bonuses. Rates are bad and you are basically paying to drive when you factor in gas.

RedoBeach

..you are NOT entitled to any promos or bonuses like the power drive bonus or any hourly guarantees. It's definitely set up for you to fail.
I keep seeing this on the forum, but in person Lyft and Hertz said you are eligible for the PDB, but if earned, the PDB will be used to offset the cost of the car. I am not renting myself, but was with my friend when he picked up a car so I'm trying to clarify if they were telling the truth???

Also, were your personal miles billed to you? Contract I saw says unlimited.
(The 100 trips in the SF Market is a bit easier to do).

I keep seeing this on the forum, but in person Lyft and Hertz said you are eligible for the PDB, but if earned, the PDB will be used to offset the cost of the car. I am not renting myself, but was with my friend when he picked up a car so I'm trying to clarify if they were telling the truth???

Also, were your personal miles billed to you? Contract I saw says unlimited.
(The 100 trips in the SF Market is a bit easier to do).
What market are you in?

In the DC market we don't rent from hertz.

RedoBeach

What market are you in?

In the DC market we don't rent from hertz.
Thank you... I am in the SF Market. They just added the program here last week and I went with a friend to pick up his car while other in the shop.

The only benefit of the trip requirement here is this is a small city (like super small-8 miles) and short and frequent trips here are the norm.

numbakrunch

I really had to pressure my friend to return that shit. It might only work if you're full time LYFT + another 20 hours of driving.

FTU1228

Returning mine. Tomorrow. It's bs. It takes 40 hours just to get 50 rides if your lucky that week. You have to drive from 5am to 12 midnight each day to get 75 rides. It's set up for failure. If uber had same program I would hit 75 rides in a couple of days working way less hours.

FTU1228

I didn't drive enough to even make rental fee this week. How else would they try to get rental and mile charges from me besides going into my bank account which is just a gobank I use for prepaid card.

beasthpc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't drive enough to even make rental fee this week. How else would they try to get rental and mile charges from me besides going into my bank account which is just a gobank I use for prepaid card.
Yep they would have went through your bank..in my friends case he missed the deadline once, they charge the account, he missed it again but he had nothing in there so Lyft sent him an email demanding he return the car or send money lol​

New2This

Uber did same thing in July for people on the Xchange Lease Program.
40 rides = $75 bonus
75 rides = $150 bonus

It was nice. I did Gold/Platinum so the 75 was a breeze. Extra cash. Wish they'd do that again lol

Yeah lift is crazy Thinking that you can get 75 per week and come out a winner and not even being eligible for any type of bonuses.

They knew what they were doing so glad I returned my car A few weeks ago