• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft exec says "we are a company of morals".

How many of your rides are shared?

• 40% or higher

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 30% are shared

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 20% are shared

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 10% or less are shared.

Votes: 39 76.5%

• Total voters

Tnasty

Kristina Howato would probably disagree... if she was still alive. But, no, she and her unborn baby did not survive an attack from a Lyft customer and it was fellow drivers (not the multi millionaire a-holes at Lyft) who helped to raise the funds for funeral costs. Great morals there! Scumbags.
I could not have said that any better myself!

Mista T

Author
I have a hard time seeing how 40% of all rides are Shared. But then again, I am in what is considered to be a "medium" sized city, and Shared is not that big of a thing here. If it was, I would have Shared pings all day long. As it is, I get maybe one Shared ping every day or two days.

I suppose the drivers in SF, Orlando, LA, Chi or NY could speak to the volume of Shared pings.

KK2929

Post automatically merged:

"Foxx said 40% of Lyft’s rides are already shared, and the company aims to push that to 50% by 2020. You can expect to see Lyft’s app push that option more prominently."

Is this true?
------------------
Lyft pushing Shared Rides--
I read that same thought in an article written over one year ago. They have proven it by showing 3 prices for a trip to the pax, with Shared being the lowest.

Last edited:

bpm45

Shared-ride is only one where the passenger is going where I'm going. If I take somebody on my way to work or if I take somebody on my way home from work, that is ridesharing. Everything else is a taxi ride.