• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft essentially not letting new drivers join Florida market.

June132017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Start looking for a used motor/transmission.
This way you don’t have to buy a new car.
I keep my engine pretty good filled with full synthetic engine oil. I should definitely get my transmission fluid changed though.

The Gift of Fish

Wow, my heart skipped several beats when I read 2017 and newer vehicles ONLY. 2016 won't cut it if you want to join. Thank goodness if you have a 2016 they will still let you drive if you are in good standing with the company. I guess you can say grandfathered in, or whatever. WOW, just wow.
Lol, who's going to invest $10-$15,000+ in a 2017- vehicle so they can earn 50 cents per mile or whatever Florida rates are now.

2020: Pay at 40 cents per mile; all drivers must drive 2019- Bentleys/Rolls Royce and serve Grey Poupon 🤣 :roflmao:

Ssgcraig

Wow, my heart skipped several beats when I read 2017 and newer vehicles ONLY. 2016 won't cut it if you want to join. Thank goodness if you have a 2016 they will still let you drive if you are in good standing with the company. I guess you can say grandfathered in, or whatever. WOW, just wow.
Are you sure this is for all drivers, not one of the upgrade classes?

RideshareDog

Post automatically merged:

Applicant Requirement Checklist
Document Requirements
  • Driver's license
  • Vehicle registration
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Driver photo
Vehicle Requirements
  • 2017 or newer:
    • New driver applicants
    • Existing drivers who wish to change their primary vehicle, or add a secondary vehicle, to their profile
    • Drivers who have an existing, approved vehicle on the platform prior to July 15, 2019 will not be impacted by this requirement
  • 4 doors
  • 5-8 seats, including the driver's

nouberipo

would this have anything to do with the leasing program they offer where the ant gets to lease the car and then work for lower rates than those who own their own cars?

WAHN

Post automatically merged:

Applicant Requirement Checklist
Document Requirements
  • Driver's license
  • Vehicle registration
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Driver photo
Vehicle Requirements
  • 2017 or newer:
    • New driver applicants
    • Existing drivers who wish to change their primary vehicle, or add a secondary vehicle, to their profile
    • Drivers who have an existing, approved vehicle on the platform prior to July 15, 2019 will not be impacted by this requirement
  • 4 doors
  • 5-8 seats, including the driver's
Wow. :eek:

Another Uber Driver

Lol, who's going to invest $10-$15,000+ in a 2017- vehicle so they can earn 50 cents per mile or whatever Florida rates are now.

One of the reasons that Fubar is having problems finding drivers for its Uber WAV level is that no one is willing to pay almost forty thousand dollars (2019 prices) to equip a vehicle for Access so that he can collect 1979 cab rates to pay off the note. Instead, it must address the demand for Accessibles through the Uber Taxi platform, here. Uber did get sued by a notorious do-gooder organisation here over that.

Gryft's thinking here seems to be similarly wrong-headed.

would this have anything to do with the leasing program they offer where the ant gets to lease the car and then work for lower rates than those who own their own cars?
You would not be the first to suspect this. You are not going to be the last.

Another Uber Driver

Unlike most states, FL does not require an inspection sticker, therefore I would think that there are some banged up cars driving on Lyft's platform?
All TNC cars that operate in the Washington Metropolitan Area must have inspection stickers, but, we still have more than a few Uber Hoopties here. I have ridden in more than one of them.

New2This

I posited this last night.

They push new ants to the rentals, which I'm sure they get a kickback on. They also pay less per mile so they get slightly more per mile driven. Those pennies per mile add up so Lyft might only lose hundreds of millions instead of billions.

tohunt4me

Newer & Shinier than Uber . . .

They only want NEW STUFF.