Lyft email-Speak Up for Ridesharing in Chicago

Zuber A

New Rules Could Affect You

You may have seen the news about Chicago City Council's proposed new rules for ridesharing. We oppose the rules because they will make it more difficult for you to drive with Lyft and reduce your income.

For example, the rules require you to be licensed like a taxi driver. Here's what you'll have to do to get a license:
  1. Pay fees and fill out paperwork
  2. Go through another background check
  3. Visit a government office during work day hours
You've already passed a background check the National Sheriff's Association describes as "rigorous and thorough." The secondary check the City is considering depends on a fingerprint database that is often inaccurate and incomplete and could lead to unfair results.

The rules also limit Prime Time during certain situations meaning less earnings for you.

We're working with City Council to address these issues and fight to keep ridesharing convenient and rewarding for you. You can help. Make sure your alderman knows you count on Lyft and ask them to oppose these unnecessary new rules.

lakersfan1

Anything that Lyft/Uber HQ wants, be suspicious of.

Surge is what makes/breaks profitability. And the only way pay goes up is if supply shrinks or demand explodes. And Uber HQ won't raise the base rate unless Lyft does and vice versa.
Lyft already raised Line months ago, and Uber gave you the middle finger.

chuber1

Oh boy "less earnings for drivers"
We are already rock bottom low
They mean less earnings for Uber/Lyft ?
Lol .

pizza guy

It's herding cats. A lot of people on here talk about what they can do to change things but then don't do anything. In May and June of 2016 when this ordinance was originally under consideration myself and a few others put in small amount of money and a large amount of time to fight against it. We wrote emails, sent letters and made calls. What we didn't do is tow the company line because originally were organizing for things like in app tipping, no punishment for low acceptance rates, and better pay. It's worth noting that during our organizing efforts Uber was offering $40/hr 1 ride per hour guarantees.
As a suburban resident I can't do much about this. I spent 45 minutes discussing our issues with my state representative and he pretty much admitted that due to Illinois home rule laws Chicago can do as they please and dictate the Chicago market.
Those of you living in Chicago can make a difference by writing and calling you Alderman.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/..._ward_and_alderman/svcs/find_my_alderman.html

Grand Master B

Anything that Lyft/Uber HQ wants, be suspicious of.

Surge is what makes/breaks profitability. And the only way pay goes up is if supply shrinks or demand explodes. And Uber HQ won't raise the base rate unless Lyft does and vice versa.

ur a thinking man, leroy. the essence of ur first sentence draws upon the wisdom of the ages.

DaCoach

New Rules Could Affect You

You may have seen the news about Chicago City Council's proposed new rules for ridesharing. We oppose the rules because they will make it more difficult for you to drive with Lyft and reduce your income.

For example, the rules require you to be licensed like a taxi driver. Here's what you'll have to do to get a license:
  1. Pay fees and fill out paperwork
  2. Go through another background check
  3. Visit a government office during work day hours
You've already passed a background check the National Sheriff's Association describes as "rigorous and thorough." The secondary check the City is considering depends on a fingerprint database that is often inaccurate and incomplete and could lead to unfair results.

The rules also limit Prime Time during certain situations meaning less earnings for you.

We're working with City Council to address these issues and fight to keep ridesharing convenient and rewarding for you. You can help. Make sure your alderman knows you count on Lyft and ask them to oppose these unnecessary new rules.
Just get fingerprinted unless u have something to hide?? What's the big deal? The city of chicago is very thorough unlike passing an easy uber check. Anyone that walks into uber with a car goes right on the road. Absolute joke!! If ur clean u have nothing to worry about! !

Syed raza

City of Chicago do great job checking background it's Uber and Lyft who scam government and drivers by doing shady background and car inspections. I went for car inspection for Uber they took $20 from me went outside to see my car for less then a minute and I pass the inspection. BS

DaCoach

City of Chicago do great job checking background it's Uber and Lyft who scam government and drivers by doing shady background and car inspections. I went for car inspection for Uber they took $20 from me went outside to see my car for less then a minute and I pass the inspection. BS
Exactly! !

City is tough!! Very thorough!!

Get these criminals off the road!!

Syed raza

Exactly! !

City is tough!! Very thorough!!
My friend drive flash cab and he told me they go through each and everything and takes about 1 hr.now tell me who is legit Uber Lyft or City

Uber will raise rates when their will be less and efficient drivers.

DaCoach

It's herding cats. A lot of people on here talk about what they can do to change things but then don't do anything. In May and June of 2016 when this ordinance was originally under consideration myself and a few others put in small amount of money and a large amount of time to fight against it. We wrote emails, sent letters and made calls. What we didn't do is tow the company line because originally were organizing for things like in app tipping, no punishment for low acceptance rates, and better pay. It's worth noting that during our organizing efforts Uber was offering $40/hr 1 ride per hour guarantees.
As a suburban resident I can't do much about this. I spent 45 minutes discussing our issues with my state representative and he pretty much admitted that due to Illinois home rule laws Chicago can do as they please and dictate the Chicago market.
Those of you living in Chicago can make a difference by writing and calling you Alderman.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/..._ward_and_alderman/svcs/find_my_alderman.html
That's typical! ! Live in the suburbs and make all ur money in Chicago! ! Go away!!

Syed raza

I already wrote to my alderman that it is a good idea what city of Chicago is planning to do. I am telling you it will be good money after this ordinance.