Lyft "driving" me crazy

Nerka

I am a little fed up with Lyft:

1) They almost never have surge pricing (Yes, Uber does provide some surge pricing and it can be a significant part of my income, especially on Saturday nights).
2) I have not had an experience of someone throwing up when I was doing Lyft. But from what I can see the requirement of a receipt and the frequent low returns that don't cover the mess make me concerned. When a PAX threw up on my neck, Uber was quick to get me the $150. A $150 I well deserved.
3) The cancellation policy sucks in a major way. When I dropped off a PAX at PDX, they matched me quickly with another ride (This is better than Uber). But then the PAX cancelled, (probably because they saw be going all the way to 82nd). As I did the "U" they cancelled. So I had to drive around the airport and back to the lot. When I got to the terminal I was put in a Q of 60. NOT waiting around. Sent a nasty gram. They said "unless you get back to the terminal in 5 minutes, we will not rematch". WTF? You can't get back to the Lot in 5 minutes unless you speed. Imagine if the traffic sucks. (See below).
4) I was going to the Moda Center and missed the traffic and making the lane by seconds and all of sudden I could not make the turn onto Benton Late for 5-10 minutes. Another 10 minutes. Idiot PAX can't find me even as I am on the phone giving him easy instructions. "Oh, we must have passed you". They don't give me a cancellation fee because it took more then 15 minutes to get to the customer. I probably should have turned on the "there" button when I was still on Broadway. Luckily I turned on Uber and got an additional $4 surge. I will not do the Moda for Lyft anymore. Does not make economic sense. Barely does with surge. Usually I wait for a good surge to make it worth it or I just leave and go someplace else.
5) Lyft sends a nasty gram saying "We noticed a decrease in your driving for us. Don't lose blah blah blah benefits". How about more money and better driver experience???
6) Lyft passengers are marginally worse than Uber passengers. Talking about Entitled...Argh.....

Ok, there you have it. Lyft is worse than Uber for drivers in PDX IMHO. And at least Uber doesn't pretend there is a "community" or some such BS.I like my poison straight up!

MedicMan

I cancelled my account with Lyft. I never made much money with them and when I did it was short and was more hassle that it was worth. I am actually making more money per hour now driving just for Uber.

Nerka

That pretty much as where I'm headed. Sometimes it may add a little value when nothing else is happening. But overall it is hardly worth it. I am not even sure why people drive for Lyft given all the issues.

Mista T

Author
I am a little fed up with Lyft:

1) They almost never have surge pricing (Yes, Uber does provide some surge pricing and it can be a significant part of my income, especially on Saturday nights).
2) I have not had an experience of someone throwing up when I was doing Lyft. But from what I can see the requirement of a receipt and the frequent low returns that don't cover the mess make me concerned. When a PAX threw up on my neck, Uber was quick to get me the $150. A $150 I well deserved.
3) The cancellation policy sucks in a major way. When I dropped off a PAX at PDX, they matched me quickly with another ride (This is better than Uber). But then the PAX cancelled, (probably because they saw be going all the way to 82nd). As I did the "U" they cancelled. So I had to drive around the airport and back to the lot. When I got to the terminal I was put in a Q of 60. NOT waiting around. Sent a nasty gram. They said "unless you get back to the terminal in 5 minutes, we will not rematch". WTF? You can't get back to the Lot in 5 minutes unless you speed. Imagine if the traffic sucks. (See below).
4) I was going to the Moda Center and missed the traffic and making the lane by seconds and all of sudden I could not make the turn onto Benton Late for 5-10 minutes. Another 10 minutes. Idiot PAX can't find me even as I am on the phone giving him easy instructions. "Oh, we must have passed you". They don't give me a cancellation fee because it took more then 15 minutes to get to the customer. I probably should have turned on the "there" button when I was still on Broadway. Luckily I turned on Uber and got an additional $4 surge. I will not do the Moda for Lyft anymore. Does not make economic sense. Barely does with surge. Usually I wait for a good surge to make it worth it or I just leave and go someplace else.
5) Lyft sends a nasty gram saying "We noticed a decrease in your driving for us. Don't lose blah blah blah benefits". How about more money and better driver experience???
6) Lyft passengers are marginally worse than Uber passengers. Talking about Entitled...Argh.....

Ok, there you have it. Lyft is worse than Uber for drivers in PDX IMHO. And at least Uber doesn't pretend there is a "community" or some such BS.I like my poison straight up!

Nice rant, there are many days I feel the same way.

I have not logged into Lyft app since last 3 months or so cuz Lyft staffer stationed at some 12+ hours time zone emailed me a template that they will deactivate me unless blah blah ....Since then I have gotten two pings from them asking me why am I not logging into app anymore.