• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Driver's App

been doing LYFT for about 2 weeks now, and my app will sometimes not make a sound when a new request pops up. What this means is that if I am not looking at the app I am getting dinged for missing a ride.... Also, is there a way to see the rider's destination? I actually start off with, "So where are we going today?" I picked up a request in Clarksville, TN and after I did the pickup, I see we are going somewhere in Nashville, TN. that's about an hour drive 1 way, and about a quarter tank of gas. It would be nice to see where we are dropping off at the beginning of the ride.

theMezz

That's weird, My Lyft driver app does not say "So where are we going today?"
Mine shows me a "Monday's Demand" chart with projected ride demands every hour.
As far as destination - we do not see it until we have pick up the passenger
Sometimes Uber will say that the destination is 45+ minutes away, but never say Lyft do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's weird, My Lyft driver app does not say "So where are we going today?"
Mine shows me a "Monday's Demand" chart with projected ride demands every hour.
As far as destination - we do not see it until we have pick up the passenger
Sometimes Uber will say that the destination is 45+ minutes away, but never say Lyft do it.
It's not the app that says that, it's me. I ask because when I start the ride it just starts giving directions, it doesn't show me the final destination.

Pax Collector

if I am not looking at the app I am getting dinged for missing a ride....
Missed rides won't affect you so don't worry about that. The app sometimes pings you without a sound. It happens once in a while.

Also, is there a way to see the rider's destination?
The only way to see the destination on Lyft is to go into the trip details after you tap "Arrived". If the rider has entered a drop off address, it'll show on there.

P.S. if a trip takes longer than 45 minutes, the app almost always lets you know with a "Long ride, 45+ minutes" displayed on the ping screen so it's a good idea to take a couple of seconds to look at it before you accept it.

Another Uber Driver

They will not tell you the destination up front because they are afraid that drivers will decline too many trips. When you consider how poorly both Gryft and Fubar pay, knowing the destination would allow us to turn down some of the really unprofitable trips. With the low pay, one unprofitable trip ruins your whole day.

I noticed a new cancellation protocol on my Gryft yesterday. As a rule, you try to avoid cancelling on Gryft because they do not like cancellations and will de-activate you far more quickly for cancelling accepted trips than will Fubar. I had to make an exception for this one, though.

One of the annoying features of Gryft is that it auto-accepts stacked pings. Yes, I know, turn on "Last Ride", but I do not always bother with that. It is yet another step in running a trip. Fubar, at least, is far simpler. I got one of these auto-accepted stacked pings. Once I cleared the trip that I was running, I saw that it was behind me. I drive in the Big City, so I avoid accepting trips that are behind me, in most cases. As it was Rush Hour, I definitely did not want it as I ABSOLUTELY will not accept a trip that is behind me when it is Rush Hour.

If I get an aut0-accepted stacked ping on Gryft that I do not want, I simply ignore it and run Fubar. The user will see what is up before the five minutes elapse and cancel. This way, the cancellation is on the user, not me. Yes, I know, Gryft will send me a nastygram about "not making progress toward the rider", but that is no big deal. I get regular nastygrams from Gryft about my low accept rate, as it is. Yesterday, this broad was not having it. After about fifteen minutes she kept calling me and sending me text messages. As I was on a Fubar trip, I did not answer, as you ain't 'apposta' talk or send messages while you are driving. Finally, I got caught at a long red light, so, forty some minutes later, I went to cancel the thing.

Usually, you simply get this warning that says it will affect your accept rate, do you really want to cancel and a button that reads "Yes, Cancel This Ride". This time, I get a screen that opens that warns me that I will not get paid (Duhhhhhhhhh! I did not cover the request, how am I supposed to get paid?). It also asks me why I am cancelling and gives me some choices: "I don't want this trip"; "Too far"; "other". I picked "too far" and cancelled. Is this something new? Could it be that Gryft is going to ease off its policy against cancellations? Another thing that I noticed is that if you did not cover the ping in twenty or so minutes, it used to auto-cancel. This did not happen, this time.

Has anyone else noticed this? How long has this been in effect?

Kodyhead

Actually yesterday I had a weird episode when I accepted either lux or xl with a cute girl pic started driving and got the cancel fart noise and text as usual. I pulled over and sat down on a stoop and checked my phone and there was another rider texting me I was at the wrong address lol