• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft driver shot in the head in apparent road rage shooting, police say

BurgerTiime

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lyft-shooting-20180819-story.html

A Lyft driver was shot in the head early Sunday in an apparent road rage shooting in Glassell Park, police said.

About 5 a.m., the driver picked up two passengers at Avenue 40 and Eagle Rock Boulevard, said Los Angeles Police Sgt. Roberto Alaniz. As he pulled away, a second driver pulled up next to him and the pair began arguing, he said.

Moments later, the second driver opened fire, Alaniz said.

The Lyft driver’s car then crashed into a fire hydrant as the shooter fled in a “dark, Toyota-type car,” Alaniz said. A suspect description was not immediately available.

The two passengers ducked in the back seat and were not injured, Alaniz said. He did not have details about the nature of the drivers’ argument.

The Lyft driver was taken to a hospital, where he had surgery to remove a bullet lodged in his brain.

“Looks like he’s going to be OK,” Alaniz said.

LADriver

A Lyft driver was shot in the head early Sunday in an apparent road rage shooting in Glassell Park, police said.

About 5 a.m., the driver picked up two passengers at Avenue 40 and Eagle Rock Boulevard, said Los Angeles Police Sgt. Roberto Alaniz. As he pulled away, a second driver pulled up next to him and the pair began arguing, he said.

The Lyft driver’s car then crashed into a fire hydrant as the shooter fled in a “dark, Toyota-type car,” Alaniz said. A suspect description was not immediately available.

The two passengers ducked in the back seat and were not injured, Alaniz said. He did not have details about the nature of the drivers’ argument.

The Lyft driver was taken to a hospital, where he had surgery to remove a bullet lodged in his brain.

Other news reports say the shooter was in Black Prius with an UBER sticker. Not going to be hard to find as UBER's tech can track any account holder.

Must have been some argument for the shooter to actually commit attempted murder.

There are numerous cameras at this intersection; a gas station, a motel, a post office, a Public Storage facility, a new apartment complex, etc.

I grew up in Glassell Park and know this intersection very well.

Luckily, the LYFT driver will survive. Just goes to show, don't argue with L.A. idiots. Not worth it.

U phoria

@@@@@@@ pax probably ordered both Lyft and uber to see who would show first

LADriver

@@@@@@@ pax probably ordered both Lyft and uber to see who would show first
Very good observation. I don't use or drive for LYFT so I don't play these games. But, back in the day, I used to order two Cabs from two different companies to see who would show up first. Plus, why would these two drivers be so close to each other if they are looking/responding to fares at 5AM!

DollarFree

Very good observation. I don't use or drive for LYFT so I don't play these games. But, back in the day, I used to order two Cabs from two different companies to see who would show up first. Plus, why would these two drivers be so close to each other if they are looking/responding to fares at 5AM!
In SF we used to wait on hold for an hour calling 2 cab companies just to see which one would cancel on the way first. And they still complain about U/L being popular.

Only a U/L driver can take a bullet in the brain and still go to work. If we can’t do the math, we sure don’t need a brain.