Lyft Driver Scammed!!! How to Scam the Lyft Driver 101

MarkG

Have you ever been scammed?

The customer puts the ping on out of the primetime area then asks you to come to them while they are in the high primetime area.

So they wait for you to arrive and then call and say can you meet me right in front of the concert while they are really a right in front of the high primetime.

Last edited:

Adieu

We don't press play on weird YouTube videos

Mobile devices got data caps...even with my 10gig plan, I don't want no 3G-only service or the hassle of early refill at end of month cause you couldn't bother to write out your question

MikesUber

Ha so true. I'm not going to push metrics/view count to your channel. You want to be a YouTuber:

Post in 1080p, get a decent light rig, get a mic, learn editing/production.

I don't watch people's YouTube videos here, post content.

New2This

Since the screengrab off YouTube shows him pimping both his Lyft & Uber codes on the video, I'll pass.

I'd have been scammed by hitting play.

Another internet attention harlot...

Another Uber Driver

sorry that video sucked so I deleted it sorry about that.

............and please do not re-post one with referral codes, as that would be against forum rules and it will be deleted.

On your question: That is an old trick that passengers use. They do it on Uber, as well. If you receive a text such as that, cancel, passenger not at address. If you are in a surge area and the application tries to drag you out of it, do not accept the ping.

Adieu

MarkG post: 1360963 said:
Have you ever been scammed?

The customer puts the ping on out of the primetime area then asks you to come to them while they are in the high primetime area.

So they wait for you to arrive and then call and say can you meet me right in front of the concert while they are really a right in front of the high primetime.

Like duh. Collect idgit tax and move on.

Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-25-03.png
Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-25-15.png
Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-29-36.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-25-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-25-03.png
    29 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-29-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-20-29-36.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 65

Jennyma

What happens if you ask them to update the address in the app so you can drive to them. Will it then put the in the primetime, they were trying to avoid?

Adieu

What happens if you ask them to update the address in the app so you can drive to them. Will it then put the in the primetime, they were trying to avoid?

And then complain about the 1* they gave you to try to reduce chance of fare review..... Tgeb wait for a week for a response, in which time you'll accumulate another 5-6 such 1* rates, which on Lyft's short 100 ride average cycle just knocked a perfect rating into 4.6# territory, or put a less perfect rating into first and final probationary period pending deactivation....

Uhm yeah let's just no show em for$5

Daniel Harbin

I have had that happen to me a couple of times. I accept and wait at the designated area for 5 min and collect my fee. I usually dont do high traffic areas which is usually after events and in Vegas there are events galore.