Lyft Driver reveals how he’s keeping his car virus free

DRider85

Coronavirus tales: Lyft driver reveals how he’s keeping his car virus-free
By Zachary Kussin

March 28, 2020 | 4:42pm

Despite New Yorkers being told to stay at home, 59-year-old Hollis, Queens, resident Eduardo Marino has been busier than ever driving passengers for Uber and Lyft.

Before, I worked about 40 hours per week; now, maybe 60 hours. In the last week, I’ve made 20 trips to grocery stores to pick up riders. It’s usually five per week. I’ve also made 25 trips to and from hospitals — twice as many as normal.

Every day, I disinfect my car with Clorox wipes, then I spray a coat of Lysol. After every two or three passengers, I pull over and disinfect the car all over again. My sister, who’s a health aide, gave me latex gloves and masks. I’m looking out for my passengers, for myself, and for my 88-year-old mother, who I live with.

I’m not scared. If I feel afraid, then I may as well stay home. I cannot think that, if a passenger starts coughing a bit, they have coronavirus. When I drop them off, I say goodbye and good luck.

— As told to Zachary Kussin

Read more stories about surviving the coronavirus pandemic.

ANT 7

He needs to wipe after EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER...........and stop picking up at hospitals. Change his mask every 2-4 hours, NEVER REMOVE THE MASK at all once it is in place, except to eat/drink then you need to replace it with a new mask,. Shave daily so it has a perfect seal on his face, etc..............etc...........

Stories like this are stupid and give people false hopes that what they are doing is OK in this environment. Ex-military people like myself will remember from their NBCW training what you need to do. It is similar.

Last edited:

NauticalWheeler

He needs to wipe after EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER...........stop picking up at hospitals. Change his mask every 2-4 hours, NEVER REMOVE THE MASK at all once it is in place, except to eat/drink then you need to replace it with a new mask,. Shave daily so it has a perfect seal on his face, etc..............etc...........

Stories like this are stupid and give people false hopes that what they are doing is OK in this environment. Ex-military people like myself will remember from their NBCW training what you need to do. It is similar.
In boot camp we had to don those gas masks, it was terrible. It felt like a sunburn inside my nostrils.

ANT 7

CS gas is fun eh ? We had to qualify in the "gas hut" every single year I was in the arm. 7 times in total.

June132017

If I sprayed a 90% rubbing alcohol (whatever the other 10% is? water?) into the air I bet that would kill the virus. The only thing is people would probably think I was an alcoholic, or spilled vodka, or something.

touberornottouber

so in doing all those rides to grocery stores he probably made what $150 or so? Hardly seems worth it. He's putting his 88 year old mother at great risk and I don't think he realizes it.

pompeii

Coronavirus tales: Lyft driver reveals how he’s keeping his car virus-free
By Zachary Kussin

March 28, 2020 | 4:42pm

Despite New Yorkers being told to stay at home, 59-year-old Hollis, Queens, resident Eduardo Marino has been busier than ever driving passengers for Uber and Lyft.

Before, I worked about 40 hours per week; now, maybe 60 hours. In the last week, I’ve made 20 trips to grocery stores to pick up riders. It’s usually five per week. I’ve also made 25 trips to and from hospitals — twice as many as normal.

Every day, I disinfect my car with Clorox wipes, then I spray a coat of Lysol. After every two or three passengers, I pull over and disinfect the car all over again. My sister, who’s a health aide, gave me latex gloves and masks. I’m looking out for my passengers, for myself, and for my 88-year-old mother, who I live with.

I’m not scared. If I feel afraid, then I may as well stay home. I cannot think that, if a passenger starts coughing a bit, they have coronavirus. When I drop them off, I say goodbye and good luck.

— As told to Zachary Kussin

Read more stories about surviving the coronavirus pandemic.
Lyft propaganda for idiots.

Director T.Y. Sanchez

The only thing is people would probably think I was an alcoholic, or spilled vodka, or something.
PAX complains about alcohol smell, you get wait listed , it takes longer to get back cause of this corona virus, you're screwed.

Wodka.... Rub on hands and don't forget the insides.
Prob. W/that is you need at least 65% alcohol. Most vodka is 80 proof, some 100, so you're still short about 15% if you get the stronger stuff.