• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Driver Reimbursement Rate Increase

NGOwner

Just an FYI to those of us in the KC metro. Lyft has raised its driver reimbursement rates on both sides of the KC metro. This happened sometime this week. Last weekend the old rates were still in force. Don't you think that Lyft would have sent out some email of some kind, or an in app notification that we're being paid better now? Nope. I got nothing.

MO Lyft pickups now recieve:
$0.88 base plus $0.728/mi & $0.12/min

KS Lyft pickups now receive:
$0.80 base plus $1.008/mi & $0.08/min

Old MO Lyft rates: $0.825 base plus $0.6825/mi & $0.1125/min
Old KS Lyft rates: $0.75 base plus $0.945/mi & $0.075/min

Uber Metro Rates: $0.82 base plus $0.6825/mi & $0.1125/min

Lyft could easily get drivers to switch over to them if they made the KS rates metrowide. Right now I have no qualms canceling on an Uber rider when a Lyft ping comes through on the KS side (the differential is not high enough on the MO side). I'd have no qualms doing that metrowide if Lyft equalized to the higher reimbursement rate.

Maybe its time for everyone to fire up Lyft on when we're on the KS side?

[NG]Owner

kcdrvr15

Tks for the info, I have not been doing very many lyft rides due to the low pay, but this is still way below where we started in 2015.. sigh

jfinks

I always lead out on the KS side if the pickups aren't too far away and the wait for a ride isn't too long. However I've been getting constant CC Plaza/Westport pings from JCCC area, 20+ minutes away. This is mainly on Fri/Sat night when Uber is surging. The Lyft requests come in so fast I can't shut the app off... I end up having to just accept a trip and shuffle the rider just to get the lyft app to shut up.

Here is an interesting thing I have noticed lately. As soon as I accept a Lyft ride (and I have been waiting for an Uber ping for a while) I get an instant Uber ride. Hmmmmm.

Gotta give Lyft props for an increase though instead of any decrease.

Last edited:

kcdrvr15

The rate increase didn't do any good, yesterday, most of the day and well into the evening, till the planes stopped, 0 drivers in the que at KCI.

What was really funny was watching our favorite airport police/traffic officer dealing with all the 2nd and 3rd lane pickups ( illegal, must load and unload at the curb) I picked up two taxi fares, they both wanted to know what happened to all the uber drivers ? LOL

I advised them that my "snow rates were in effect" ie $3 mile, and they responded no problem. First ride from KCI to Weston Crown Center, $70 plus, second trip was $80. The traffic started to get bad by then, ( Chiefs game over ) so like a good driver, I went home, screw all the stranded pax at the airport, they want cheap, well they got cheap, cheap as in 0.

Later that night my phone blew up from calls, mostly from airport hotels with pax wanting transportation downtown or to overland park, I just turned it off and went to bed.

Today I noticed some lyft drivers in the airport que....

jfinks

Yesterday isn't a good indicator. Smart people stay home in that crap. It was a huge surge in a lot of the city and I wasn't even tempted to go out in it.

ten25

This appears to have been lowered again to old rates on Jan 6th...

Don't get why Uber/Lyft think it's necessary to keep prices this low. Local taxis were charging $2 a mile for years and staying busy for years & years. For $1.50 a mile Uber/Lyft and driver's would earn more... While still undercutting the cab business.

kcdrvr15

This appears to have been lowered again to old rates on Jan 6th...

Don't get why Uber/Lyft think it's necessary to keep prices this low. Local taxis were charging $2 a mile for years and staying busy for years & years. For $1.50 a mile Uber/Lyft and driver's would earn more... While still undercutting the cab business.
I've been charging $2.50 mile and have not had any complaints, my meter has 3 settings, $2.90 mile, $2.50 mile, and $2.10 ( KC Rate) mile.
As long as drivers will drive for less, they will pay less.