Lyft Driver Keeps Passenger in Car (Video)

GoldenGoji

The following is the Youtube description info that tells what transpired in the video between the passenger and the driver:

DeviantOllam

Jan 22, 2020

Because I am being hit with messages at this point from news organizations and other sites asking if they can license this footage from me, here is a blanket statement: "folk wishing to report on this or embed this video, free free, with the exception of Fox News. thank you."

I haven't got the time to field all the messages, because I'm working this week in Vegas. thanks!

An unprecedented experience. Never had a Lyft ride like this...

1. Right from the start, it was pretty clear there was something "off" with this guy. He had a bad attitude — which, sure, people are all permitted to have I guess on a bad day — but when I was discussing the difficulty in finding him during the pickup, he snapped "I don't use the phone. I only text. That way I have a written record of everything with all my passengers. No he said/she said." So, clearly, this person has had a long history of difficult interactions with his passengers.

2. As we approached the convention center, he complained that traffic was very heavy. I inquired as to whether or not it would be easier for him to pull over before the destination so we could get out sooner and he wouldn't have to sit in the non moving traffic. That really set him off. That is when the cursing started and that is when I started recording him, for our safety.

3. In between calling us @@@@@@@@, using the F word at us repeatedly, and threatening to "have [my] Lyft account terminated" he also turned his radio up to full volume when I asked him what he was thinking.

4. Cherry on top: after it was clear that something was deeply disturbed about this individual, I requested that he pull over to the nearest safe driveway entrance (approximately 10 yards in front of us) so that we could immediately leave his vehicle. He explicitly refused and said that he was in no way going to allow us to exit his vehicle until he decided he wanted us to.

Now, let's be clear... Karl and I both know how to handle ourselves. And it wouldn't take much to get the bulge on a tub like this guy, as the expression goes. But supposing I wasn't a 40-something white guy. What if I was a small woman? What if I was a woman traveling alone?

This gentleman stated at the start of the ride that he drives for both Lyft and Uber, so even if Lyft drops his account this instant [EDIT: Lyft confirmed for me personally that this driver has been terminated and banned from their service] apparently he could still be picking up more rides all day long. Gives you a nice good feeling, doesn't it?

So enjoy your time in Vegas, everybody. Until we hear otherwise, this gem of a man is out there on the roads, picking up passengers.

Stay safe out there.

mbd

The following is the Youtube description info that tells what transpired in the video between the passenger and the driver:

DeviantOllam

Jan 22, 2020

Because I am being hit with messages at this point from news organizations and other sites asking if they can license this footage from me, here is a blanket statement: "folk wishing to report on this or embed this video, free free, with the exception of Fox News. thank you."

I haven't got the time to field all the messages, because I'm working this week in Vegas. thanks!

1. Right from the start, it was pretty clear there was something "off" with this guy. He had a bad attitude — which, sure, people are all permitted to have I guess on a bad day — but when I was discussing the difficulty in finding him during the pickup, he snapped "I don't use the phone. I only text. That way I have a written record of everything with all my passengers. No he said/she said." So, clearly, this person has had a long history of difficult interactions with his passengers.

2. As we approached the convention center, he complained that traffic was very heavy. I inquired as to whether or not it would be easier for him to pull over before the destination so we could get out sooner and he wouldn't have to sit in the non moving traffic. That really set him off. That is when the cursing started and that is when I started recording him, for our safety.

3. In between calling us @@@@@@@@, using the F word at us repeatedly, and threatening to "have [my] Lyft account terminated" he also turned his radio up to full volume when I asked him what he was thinking.

4. Cherry on top: after it was clear that something was deeply disturbed about this individual, I requested that he pull over to the nearest safe driveway entrance (approximately 10 yards in front of us) so that we could immediately leave his vehicle. He explicitly refused and said that he was in no way going to allow us to exit his vehicle until he decided he wanted us to.

Now, let's be clear... Karl and I both know how to handle ourselves. And it wouldn't take much to get the bulge on a tub like this guy, as the expression goes. But supposing I wasn't a 40-something white guy. What if I was a small woman? What if I was a woman traveling alone?

This gentleman stated at the start of the ride that he drives for both Lyft and Uber, so even if Lyft drops his account this instant [EDIT: Lyft confirmed for me personally that this driver has been terminated and banned from their service] apparently he could still be picking up more rides all day long. Gives you a nice good feeling, doesn't it?

So enjoy your time in Vegas, everybody. Until we hear otherwise, this gem of a man is out there on the roads, picking up passengers.

Stay safe out there.
He had to wear those Tank shirts to show off his skin paintings.

Pax is a dbag
Starts ride by putting his shoes n feet on seats & wants to be dropped off where driver can get ticket and fired, then starts recording for proof of how polite he is lol I assume he wasn't polite before the recording

He could of opened door at anytime he wanted when car was stopped

Vegas is not ny you can't just hop; n & out on streets

Driver messed up though don't talk just be quiet these losers get hard at the chance of going viral on utube

Get in my car & put your shoes up like that touching my seats with all the spit, piss, s h I t , garbage you've been walking all days I'd have an attitude too,

Last edited:

peteyvavs

DeviantOllam

Jan 22, 2020

Stay safe out there.
These are the type of drivers that make it bad all drivers, I hope Uber sees this video and deactivates his fat butt.

Coastal_Cruiser

And it wouldn't take much to get the bulge on a tub like this guy, as the expression goes.
The expression? I never heard that uttered except when Wyatt Earp said similar in the movie Tombstone just before he @@@@@-slapped Billy Bob Thornton and took over his gambling chair.

Billy Bob: "You run your mouth awful reckless for a man that don't go heeled."
Kurt Russell: "You don't have to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you."

Ha ha ha ha ha. Love it.

Speaking of Kurt, I wonder if he could get the rights to this story and do a sequel to Escape from LA? "Ah geez, we fought to the last man escaping that dystopian apocalyptic City of the Fallen Angel... only to be held captive in a Las Vegas Uber car"....

Last edited:
You can't just kidnapp people. 🤦‍♀️

Drop him off at the nearest safe spot, no need to say anything further. Done.

Now the driver looks worse. He comes off as a 10 year old.
Car was obviously in a line or slow moving traffic at a convention center stopped plenty of times they could of got out anytime they wanted, they started filming because they knew they could bait the guy who asks can I get out now? When car is stopped. Who says they feel "unsafe now" but doesn't just get out when cars stopped acting like their being held hostage the entire video they weren't moving for half of it, if they were "closer" just GTFO stop egging the guy on

Driver was an idiot but these guys triggered him Hook line & sinker then turned on the camera to act like angels who were so scared and insulted

Pure BS these losers wanted a popular utube video nothing more nothing less

Mkang14

Car was obviously in a line stopped plenty of times they could of got out anytime they wanted, they started filming because they knew they could bait the guy who asks can I get out now? When car is stopped. Who says they feel "unsafe now" but doesn't just get out when cars stopped acting like their being held hostage the entire video they weren't moving for half of it, if they were "closer" just GTFO stop egging the guy on

Driver was an idiot but these guys triggered him Hook line & sinker then turned on the camera to act like angels who were so scared and insulted

I think the passenger was trying to push the driver. Which is why the best thing to do is not give in to anger.

If he was calm, drove off to a safe spot as requested there wouldnt be a video.

waldowainthrop

Car was obviously in a line or slow moving traffic at a convention center stopped plenty of times they could of got out anytime they wanted, they started filming because they knew they could bait the guy who asks can I get out now? When car is stopped. Who says they feel "unsafe now" but doesn't just get out when cars stopped acting like their being held hostage the entire video they weren't moving for half of it, if they were "closer" just GTFO stop egging the guy on

The problem is that the solution for the driver is to find any parking lot or place to pull over legally. It’s not about the passenger or what he baited the driver into doing because the driver was free at any moment to solve the problem by saying “fine, get out here” since that would have been the most likely way to avoid further confrontation. Argue with idiots on their own terms and you become an idiot. Whatever the passenger did off camera, the driver dug his own grave.

These are the type of drivers that make it bad all drivers, I hope Uber sees this video and deactivates his fat butt.
Nah these the type of riders that deserve to be put in their place, driver messed up reacting the way he did but rider needs to be deactivated too only a s s holes try to hide cameras and upload edited videos that begin when they want them to so they can be on their best behavior lol

"I haven't cussed at you" "I haven't disrespeteced you" yeah sure what happened before you decided to start recording cuz I see his disrespectful dirty shoes pressing up on back of passenger seat not on the floor where they belong

They deserve to be deactivated but it's nothing for them to get another account so it's moot
It's Vegas so it's a $4 fare lol so dude can now go look for a legal job or make more selling or delivering icy cold water on the strip

I'd sue these guys for filming/recording me without consent in my private property and exposing & humiliating me, putting my identity online by not blurring plate, pain suffering loss of wages

They not from Vegas smalls claims them & get a default judgment or make them fly back for the arbitration & court dates lol

Send a demand letter to Uber hq with info they won't respond, after 10 days file small claims they'll give you an arbitration date, they won't show, Uber won't give you their info, you'll get default judgment from Uber & Jon doe who you list as additional on the suit

Last edited:

waldowainthrop

Honestly, if a driver quibbled with me about my destination I would ask to get out immediately too. And if he didn’t voluntarily find a place to stop the car, I would turn on my cell phone camera. The passenger was baiting the driver but the driver did almost everything bad in that video, unprompted. He was having a bad day, took it out on a passenger, and is probably completely unsuited emotionally to drive around strangers, if this video is any indication.

This is driving people 101. If someone asks to get out, pull over and let them out.

peteyvavs

Nah these the type of riders that deserve to be put in their place, driver messed up reacting the way he did but rider needs to be deactivated to only a s s holes try to hide cameras and upload edited videos that begin when they want them to do they can be on their best behavior lol

They deserve to be deactivated but it's nothing for them to get another account so it's moot
All drivers should know by now that there are pax’s looking for their 15 minutes of fame any way they can get it. This driver brought on his own deactivation by arguing with pax, increasing the volume on the radio and refusing to pull over. These 3 actions tend to make me believe that the driver was the s s hole.