1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lyft driver charged with 18 bindles of heroin and had an underage passenger

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://www.nbc4i.com/news/state-ne...heroin-while-driving-underage-teen/1351766213
    [​IMG]

WARREN, OH (WKBN) - A local Lyft driver is facing several charges for what police said they found while he was driving a 17-year-old passenger.

Christopher Scott was pulled over this weekend. Police reported finding 18 bindles of heroin in his car.

Scott pleaded not guilty in court on several drug charges.

He is being held in the Trumbull County Jail.

Police say they expect to file more charges in the case.

2. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Driving minors will catch up with you sooner or later. That’s a lot of heroin for a 17 year old to be hauling around.

New2This, mrpjfresh, Rakos and 2 others like this.
  3. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Not sure what being a minor has to do with it

4. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Driver looks like he sleeps in his car. At first I thought this was the heroin dealer.

On second thought this may be a two man operation, otherwise there should be no reason to arrest this guy other than a criminal lack of self-care going on.

5. dauction

dauction

I'll say it again.. Uber/Lyft need to do REAL Interviews with Potential Drivers ...instead of just handing out rides to anyone with a licenses.

Think about if Uber did and Lyft didn't ... think about how the QUALITY of UBER goes up ..how demand ($$$) for Uber over Lyft increases as Reviews of Uber drivers are far more positive

New2This and Demon like this.
  6. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    If this was Uber I could see the driver either getting a Great Amenities badge out of this or instead getting dinged for Professionalism depending on the mood of the Pax.

New2This, mrpjfresh and Rakos like this.
  7. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber's "official policy" is that minors are not permitted to travel in an Uber without being accompanied by an adult account holder. In reality of course, they couldn't care less. However, they've worded their agreements (rider and driver) so that they can claim all liability for minor's in an Uber falls to the driver and the account holder.

Rakos likes this.
  8. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    SCREWED...8>)

Rakos
    1-moustac-bleu-cercopithecus-cephus-gerard-lacz.jpg

Jo3030 likes this.
  9. Driving for Lyft or Uber isn't a high end job and turn over is 96% per annum. They have rating systems in place that do give an indication of the drivers suitability to the job.

You pass police checks. You have car. You have job. These companies can not afford to be choosy.

10. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Oops!

11. Supergirl24

Supergirl24

He should be gone for the drugs in car. As far as the minor goes. Drivers don't know whether a rider is 17,18,19 years old. It's a parent's job to take responsibility for their minor child. I'm an uber/lyft driver. And we should not be expected to know a riders age. We can only assume they themselves are complying and are of legal age to ride. No one will ask for id when giving a uber/lyft ride.

12. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    That's why I have clean needles in the cup holder

13. Supergirl24

Supergirl24

Well then we would be considered employees not independent workers. They need better background checks. Going back for life on violent offenses. And 15 years on drug charges