Lyft does stop sending requests if near PDB

MiddleClassedOut

Someone else posted this before - if you're really close to the PDB at the end of the week, you will not get requests.

Last night I was trying to finish them at midnight, I was sitting in an empty part of my city. Sundays are dead, but not this dead.

So I ended the week at 68 rides, instead of 70. An entire idle hour before I gave up.

DON'T DRIVE. I will take the next minimum wage job I can get before I ever consider working for either of these companies again. I'll be better off.

Typical hour on Lyft/Uber net: $3.6 (minimum fares) x 3 = $10.8/hr. Subtract .20-.30 for gas/expenses per mile.

Yes, minimum wage jobs are better.

Adieu

Someone else posted this before - if you're really close to the PDB at the end of the week, you will not get requests.

Last night I was trying to finish them at midnight, I was sitting in an empty part of my city. Sundays are dead, but not this dead.

So I ended the week at 68 rides, instead of 70. An entire idle hour before I gave up.

DON'T DRIVE. I will take the next minimum wage job I can get before I ever consider working for either of these companies again. I'll be better off.

Typical hour on Lyft/Uber net: $3.6 (minimum fares) x 3 = $10.8/hr. Subtract .20-.30 for gas/expenses per mile.

Lyft Sunday PDB is only clearable after 3AM

If you need 5+ trips, expect your last 2-3 to be airport runs

CatchyMusicLover

I've never had a problem getting the last two rides on a Saturday. Though I am sure they do manipulate stuff in various ways, such as the FIFO at the airport..,

Adieu

I've never had a problem getting the last two rides on a Saturday. Though I am sure they do manipulate stuff in various ways, such as the FIFO at the airport..,
Saturday, easy...sunday morning peal hours or Sunday night last rides, not so much

Regularly spend 5 hours without a request in hotspots, instead of your usual 3-to-infinity per hour

I've managed to conjure up 8 rides 3-5am after zip zilch zero 10pm - 3am before

BostonBarry

LOL, I've hit PDB every week I've been available to drive for the last 14 months and NEVER had pings suddenly stop including some hail-mary late sundays I've had to pull because of vacations etc.

Midnight on a Sunday? Really? SMH

MiddleClassedOut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't be so suspicious if a Prime Time zone hadn't started around me. Why didn't I get those requests before it went to Prime Time? I was the only car in that part of town. I know how Lyft PT works - it's more lack of supply than an increase in demand.

Adieu

LOL, I've hit PDB every week I've been available to drive for the last 14 months and NEVER had pings suddenly stop including some hail-mary late sundays I've had to pull because of vacations etc.

Midnight on a Sunday? Really? SMH
I always do too if I'm actually working Lyft for the week

And I work AM most of the time

Lyft deprioritizes potential bonus candidates until last minute, keeping them on a sort of standby

Adieu

I wouldn't be so suspicious if a Prime Time zone hadn't started around me. Why didn't I get those requests before it went to Prime Time? I was the only car in that part of town. I know how Lyft PT works - it's more lack of supply than an increase in demand.
Its more cancels than anything else.

First couple requests go out to 10-20 minutes away, people see your car on map and go "wth?!" and cancel

Lyft makes it almost impossible to request you, chance is like 1 in 10...or worse

And if theres also a guarantee, those about to overrun it are prioritized 10x already...

luvgurl22

Not true

Jimmy Bernat

I don't know about all of this, I think you are just paranoid.
I've never had an issue with Lyft not sending me pings when I'm going for PDB and I'm running out of time
The only thing I do notice and this is true of Uber also when I'm trying to hit Ubers or Lyfts PDB last minute and then get on with my life my rides are always crazy long

Adieu

Yeah

Last 3 PDB rides will be 3 airport rides unless you surprise the system (multidrop pax group via multiple pings, etc)

I don't know about all of this, I think you are just paranoid.
I've never had an issue with Lyft not sending me pings when I'm going for PDB and I'm running out of time
The only thing I do notice and this is true of Uber also when I'm trying to hit Ubers or Lyfts PDB last minute and then get on with my life my rides are always crazy long