Lyft does NOT want to give you PT!

Markeezee

Out here at Long beach Airport, logged off to try and cash in on PT. Went on-line in dark pink at the staging lot, waiting for a ping...and as expected Lyft sends me a ping OUTSIDE the pink zone. Let the call expire and was put on time out by Lyft by not giving me a ping as I sat in gradual diminishing PT the whole time I was online....so yeah, for all those folks exalting PT from Lyft, don't get your hopes up. Ha!

Attachments

• IMG_7819.PNG
    IMG_7819.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7820.jpg
    IMG_7820.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 48

ROTA

lol thats ridiculous..
you should accept call the guy and say like i allways do "Hello sr, im at airport lot so im waiting for a airport ride, lyft by some mistake matched us i sugest you cancel now and request again to check if get someone closer.. thank you!"
But i dont lose my spot, ever
let they game you, you game too
And stop chasing PDB, thats the most @@@@@@ thing to do today

Markeezee

lol thats ridiculous..
you should accept call the guy and say like i allways do "Hello sr, im at airport lot so im waiting for a airport ride, lyft by some mistake matched us i sugest you cancel now and request again to check if get someone closer.. thank you!"
But i dont lose my spot, ever
let they game you, you game too
And stop chasing PDB, thats the most ****** thing to do today
Who says or where did I mention that I was chasing PDB?

If I called the passenger asking for him/her to cancel, my account would be flagged since Lyft monitors these calls. In addition, I never lost my spot in the queue because I was one of three other cars on the lot. On the app, it says that there is 1 driver ahead of me Lyft just eventually let the PT die out, and wait for the ants to come until PT was surpressed.

Second, I was trumping to game the system. I was offline the entire time when all these ants were getting base rate pings. And the moment I saw that there were only three cars in queue left and PT was starting I jumped online. Lyft was just being a @@@@@ and didn't want to let me get PT and wanted me to get their base rate passengers OUTSIDE the queue, and I was going to let that shit happen.

It proves once again that those PT squares are just a way to lure ants in and once they do, Lyft dispatches you to base rate calls instead.

"What's the point of being in an airport queue when Lyft will only send you calls OUTSIDE of it?"

It defeats the whole purpose of a staging lot and only reinforces what is already a held belief amongst a Lyft drivers that PT is nothing but a carrot-on-a-stick ploy to lure suckers in for base rate.

Unless it is a a legit concert or sporting event where PT reflects actual demand, these airport queues are a scam. And ants love nothing more than to run their cars to the ground and be depreciated for base rate. Truth be told. Lyft and Uber would love nothing more than to have drivers drive base rate and with a whole bunch of ants out there, these TNC companies are succeeded.

Attachments

• IMG_7821.PNG
    IMG_7821.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 42

chitown73

Out here at Long beach Airport, logged off to try and cash in on PT. Went on-line in dark pink at the staging lot, waiting for a ping...and as expected Lyft sends me a ping OUTSIDE the pink zone. Let the call expire and was put on time out by Lyft by not giving me a ping as I sat in gradual diminishing PT the whole time I was online....so yeah, for all those folks exalting PT from Lyft, don't get your hopes up. Ha!
I totally agree with you! Both Lyft and Uber Fri and pull this same b*s with PT and Surge. It's just a way to lure all the ants to the general area and send you pings just outside the area. Ever since they both switched to upfront pricing they only use surge and PT to manipulate the drivers to go where they want you to go, NOT because there's an actual increase in demand.

Markeezee

to manipulate the drivers to go where they want you to go, NOT because there's an actual increase in demand.
Exactly, emphasis on the word "manipulate"...and when drivers learn to accept this fact, they're going to start learning to be smart and see Lyft and Uber for what the scrim companies they really are.

DrivingForYou

I was in long beach airport queue and this exact thing happened to me. Complained to support who are utterly worthless.

LYFT obviously has a problem with the long beach queue

hulksmash

Just because PT is there doesn't mean pax will actually pay for it. Did you see what the Uber surge was at the time? This isn't LAX where pax will pay PT in Lyft because they can't get Uber at base. If you think too many ants willingly drive LAX at base they will be even more glad to do it there since it's a much quicker pickup.