• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Destination Mode

ryan137

Seems pretty useless. I think I've set it at least 80 times and only gotten like 4 pings.

Uber at least gives me SOMETHING on almost every destination set. Even if it's a single short ride.

Anybody having better success?

Kobe_bean

zetetic inists that instsryde has always provided a destination trip when the feature is turned on. He also states that the trip is always a block from his actual destination. You should sign with instaryde to never travel empty home.

Last edited:

Lolinator

I’ve had one ping on lyft using destination but I’m sure trollinator gets pings every time!
I usually get destination pings at Jane and englington around 1am

That's a food basics plaza

Also there's at least 5 Beck taxis minimum there at any given time

One time I have seen 10 becks

AJsh

Lyft destination is a joke. I turn on both apps at the same time but never got one on Lyft. Last day put a destination to Victoria park Ttc from Oakville in both Uber and Lyft. Uber gave me 3 trips that took me close to ACC and all this time I had Lyft app On and not a single ping. It was Friday evening and towards downtown Toronto and there was a concert in ACC.

I have to change my opening statement. Lyft, without power zones is a Joke.

Doccy

Destination rides on Lyft is pretty useless. Specially when most drivers on Lyft are trying to complete promotions, and destination rides on Lyft do not count towards completing promotions.

Harry70

Destination rides on Lyft is pretty useless. Specially when most drivers on Lyft are trying to complete promotions, and destination rides on Lyft do not count towards completing promotions.
It counts towards streak . What other promotions?

Cowwy

LYFT's destination algorithm is not as good as uber.

Uber uses multiple routine search to match you with a rider that is going toward similar direction. If you are between 401 and QEW going towards Mississauga. You will be match with either pax going 401 side or QEW side. Both way leads to Mississauga.

LyFT doesn't do that. It shows you 1 path and it match based on that path. I only gotten 1 destination, and they were even going far.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I have done OK with LYFT destination mode. I've gotten about a dozen pings that were inline with my journey. But it is highly dependent on where I am in the city.

What I DO NOT LIKE about the feature is the route it picks. Always picks the highways, always pix the max# of km to make journey the fastest. I tend to drive home Dundas/Burnhamthorpe and it never chooses this route, nor does it allow me to alter the route it picks.