"LYFT destination change - rerouting"

IMMA DRIVER

Is Lyft trying to help, punish or kill us? Out of 11 rides, I had 5 Lyft destination changes today.
They weren't trying to help me as they sent me in the opposite direction 4x and twice while on the highway.
Were they trying to punish me by sending me 5 min one way, then changing the destination and sending me 7 min in the opposite direction?
Or were they trying to kill me when the navigation suddenly changed and immediately said "turn left" causing me to harsh break?
Anyone else get a lot of Lyft destination changes suddenly?

Is Lyft trying to help, punish or kill us? Out of 11 rides, I had 5 Lyft destination changes today.
They weren't trying to help me as they sent me in the opposite direction 4x and twice while on the highway.
Were they trying to punish me by sending me 5 min one way, then changing the destination and sending me 7 min in the opposite direction?
Or were they trying to kill me when the navigation suddenly changed and immediately said "turn left" causing me to harsh break?

Was this on the way to the pick up or on the way to the destination with a pax in the car? I was on my way with a pax. I started the trip, checked the route; i was about 10 min in to the trip and boom; the route changed. I thought waze might be returning me around traffic or something but there is usually a notification. The pax asked me where i was going, he had never gone this way. I explained that my route changed suddenly. I had to pulled over and manually entered the destination into google, which was similar to the original route provided by waze at the start.

IMMA DRIVER

I've had that happen too, but not recently. My issue today was after already being enroute to my destination for over 5mins, (2min away from the destination) then suddenly a destination change to go 7min in the opposite direction.

Tysmith95

I had that happen on Uber before, was on the surface road going towards the north end when the app thought I was on the highway and rerouted me to Charlestown.

cdm813

I exclusively ran Uber tonight and was busy all night. From all of the Lyft stuff above to the unnecessary arrive / confirm arrive / pickup / confirm pickup / confirm # of pax (if Line) / drop-off / confirm drop-off taps, to unpredictable bonuses, I'm only running Lyft if Uber isn't busy AND I've hit my Uber incentive.

john1975

Lyft destination change rerouting occurs when a new line pax is added. On occasion you may be routed to another ride on a non line ride. But if you have a pax it's rerouting you to the next pax. I'm surprised you haven't gotten calls from pax if you're not driving to the new route.

Precept

I am literally livid about the same issue today alone I had several scheduled rides that were at least over an hour I accept it and Lord behold is @@@@@@s at Lyft send me to a crackhead motel for a ride that's four minutes and then to add insult to injury keeps happening I get a 45 minute plus ride within seconds that annoying dumb voice Lyft rerouted