Lyft could REALLY HURT Uber with a decent Destination Filter

JimKE

Unfortunately, Lyft's DF is junk. But if they had a decent one, they could really snatch up a bunch of Uber drivers due to Uber's massive flip-flop with DFs today.

For those who slept through it, in August Uber announced a great improvement -- allowing drivers to use the DF 6 times per day instead of the previous 2. It apparently worked too well, and drivers were making money with it. Today, they kicked it back to 2.

When you give drivers something, you don't take it back. Period.

I think a lot of drivers have absolutely had all they're going to take from Uber, but unfortunately Lyft is a poor substitute because of lack of customers, lower rates, and crappy treatment of drivers.

chitown73

Unfortunately, Lyft's DF is junk. But if they had a decent one, they could really snatch up a bunch of Uber drivers due to Uber's massive flip-flop with DFs today.

For those who slept through it, in August Uber announced a great improvement -- allowing drivers to use the DF 6 times per day instead of the previous 2. It apparently worked too well, and drivers were making money with it. Today, they kicked it back to 2.

I think a lot of drivers have absolutely had all they're going to take from Uber, but unfortunately Lyft is a poor substitute because of lack of customers, lower rates, and crappy treatment of drivers.

Unfortunately I don't really see Lyft fixing their destination filter. So far it has NEVER worked for me. Oh and btw... Uber already took away those 4 extra DF filters 2 weeks ago in most markets

MoreTips

This was the best feature they have added, it increased my profit more than the in app tipping feature. It just shows Uber doesn't want it's Independent Contractors to have any independence. Sounds like something a employer would do to its employees.

Kodyhead

Unfortunately I don't really see Lyft fixing their destination filter. So far it has NEVER worked for me. Oh and btw... Uber already took away those 4 extra DF filters 2 weeks ago in most markets
Lyfts filter works just fine, it filters out all the calls heading towards your destination so you can get there without any pings. I was just turning the app off like an idiot.

Uber started to take it away in 4 markets, then when theu found out how many drivers were pissed off about it, decided to take it nation wide

As much as i hate uber support, they look like allstars compared to lyfts support.

If i had to drive only lyft i jist wouldn't drive at all, and as a premier driver, when i open it up, the line requests are jist overwhelmingly annoying.

circle1

UN be-f****in-lievable!! :mad:

If somebody with a mere $2 million dollars were to come along, I think they could form an employee-owned company that could lay waste to these guys!!

Mikek999

Destination filters suck on Lyft. Bad on Uber but not as bad as Lyft. And most end up are Ghost cancels that Lyft is notoriously for.

Reactions: MHR

pvtandrewmalone

I got a bold yet amazingly simply idea for Lyft...show the destination on the ping as a trial for one weekend. Do a 100% PowerZone on any ride under $10. Advertise the hell out of it too. See how it works out. Man...that would "disrupt" Uber good.

Last edited:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I got a bold yet amazingly simply idea for Lyft...show the destination on the ping as a trial for one weekend. Do a 100% PowerZone on any ride under $10. Advertise the hell out of it too. See how it works out. Man...that would "disrupt" Uber good.

Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft never consult actual drivers like you about marketing strategies that might actually work and help them gain market share

Trafficat

I've never successfully used 2 DF in one day let alone 6. So the retraction of DF privileges is not that noticeable to me. Most times I set the DF I never get a ride on Uber or Lyft.

Trump Economics

Uber is the best. They are the original, "I'll call you tomorrow."

Waits for call.

No call.

Swipe-left pattern continues.

Lyft will never overcome Uber because you can't solve a problem by using the same mind that creates it.

Think about it.

beezlewaxin

I break and fix things all the time. The problem with Lyft's DF is that it was probably designed and tested only in SFrisco where ride volume is sufficient for it to be acceptable.

They dont really know it is broken. Just like Lyft's Android "Driver Shortcut" floating icon embarrassingly covering up the turn indicator in both GPS apps.

Nobody tests alot of these things in the real world.

Adieu

Lyft DF works greaaaaat....when theyre not busy shoving bailouts down your throat on purpose

IERide

The only way Lyft could hurt Uber is by converting more riders from Uber to Lyft..
The greatest DF in the world, even one that leaves the driver with a happy ending isnt going to do that..

Kodyhead

I break and fix things all the time. The problem with Lyft's DF is that it was probably designed and tested only in SFrisco where ride volume is sufficient for it to be acceptable.

They dont really know it is broken. Just like Lyft's Android "Driver Shortcut" floating icon embarrassingly covering up the turn indicator in both GPS apps.

Nobody tests alot of these things in the real world.
You can .I've the driver shortcut lol unfortunately you may accidentally log yourself off doing it lol.

The problem is they spent all their time and energy in replacing the online/offline button to a slider button instead of actually giving us tools to succeed. I actually had a miraculous day using the destination filter maybe a month ago where I actually got 2 rides off of it, after 5 failed 15 min attempts. Statistically this probably means the Df will never work for me ever again