Lyft charging $141 to airport haha

SanFranant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wth..I need to be there in the morning. But I guess we only getting about $25? That's f..d up

Why? We only get base for that ride
Post automatically merged:

Took me 90 mins to finally get a ride

dragnet

It would be interesting to order that ride, then accept your own ride. Then do the ride to the airport, close the ride, and see how much they actually did keep. Sure, it might cost you $100 but then you have a real piece of data to hand over to that reporter.

SRGuy

It would be interesting to order that ride, then accept your own ride. Then do the ride to the airport, close the ride, and see how much they actually did keep. Sure, it might cost you $100 but then you have a real piece of data to hand over to that reporter.
Draggie sometimes your lack of intelligence is mind boggling. The strategy you suggested is fraud. More important, SF most likely would not get the ride.

BeansnRice

Nah. One days pay is not worth it.
I’ll just go with the fare estimate.

dragnet

The strategy you suggested is fraud.
No. It would not be fraud. You ordered the ride and took the ride. In that scenario no one is defrauded.

Look, if you're going to question my intelligence you might try to do a little research beforehand.

SF most likely would not get the ride.
Most of you cancel rides all the time. Riders cancel rides all the time as well. So, run the experiment and cancel until you get your own ride. It's not that complicated.

Nah. One days pay is not worth it.
I’ll just go with the fare estimate.
Then you'll never have definitive data. Only a guess.

One days pay is not worth it.
Ah... That's all you make in a day? Really?

Jordan V

Draggie sometimes your lack of intelligence is mind boggling. The strategy you suggested is fraud. More important, SF most likely would not get the ride.
It'd help to check the dictionary before accusing someone of fraud:
"Criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain" - Google dictionary.
What he suggested does not meet that description because...
1) It is NOT a crime;
2) He would NOT profit from it. He would lose financially from it.

What MAY be fraudulent is what Lyft is being accused of doing. If they're telling the passenger they're hiking up the prices because it's "very busy", which is what the app says, then Lyft is strongly suggesting that the surge is intended to address a supply and demand problem. But if the surge is not being passed on as an incentive to bring in more drivers, then it is NOT addressing a supply and demand problem, and thus that could very well be a legal case for fraud. I'm not an attorney, but if that's truly what happened here, then I don't see how that is not "criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

SRGuy

No. It would not be fraud. You ordered the ride and took the ride. In that scenario no one is defrauded.

Look, if you're going to question my intelligence you might try to do a little research beforehand.
You still don't get it. Uber and Lyft define your strategy as fraud. SF could take the ride and not get paid or
get de-activated. Or not get a bonus because 1 ride is considered to be fraudulent. Turn on the wayback machine and
this behavior would result in a loss of boost for at least 1 week, loss of all bonuses for the current week and possibly for the following week. Next time do some research on this business before suggesting a hopeless strategy.

IR12

You still don't get it. Uber and Lyft define your strategy as fraud. SF could take the ride and not get paid or
get de-activated. Or not get a bonus because 1 ride is considered to be fraudulent. Turn on the wayback machine and
this behavior would result in a loss of boost for at least 1 week, loss of all bonuses for the current week and possibly for the following week. Next time do some research on this business before suggesting a hopeless strategy.
Several pax have complained about lyft price increases since IPO.

One guy says a ride he normally takes doubled 3 consecutive days before he realized it wasn't surge pricing.

dragnet

It's not fraud to give someone money. Period. I could be a policy written by U/L but I've never seen it. If it's not written down as policy then they can't take action against you. If they take action anyway, then they open themselves to litigation.

If you think this is against their policy, show me where they've stated so.

SRGuy

It's not fraud to give someone money. Period. I could be a policy written by U/L but I've never seen it. If it's not written down as policy then they can't take action against you. If they take action anyway, then they open themselves to litigation.

If you think this is against their policy, show me where they've stated so.
You're digging yourself a bigger hole. Try out your strategy and see what happens. Or do your own research
to prove that you're wrong - I don't take charity cases.

Yomann

The Uber/Lyft definition of fraud, is *not* the dictionary definition of fraud.
So, I concur with SRGuy on this count.
There have been prior cases on this exact scenario. Maybe going back a couple of years.