Lyft cancellation fee for pax

lyft_rat

I got a chance to be a Lyft rider for a few days in LA. My very first ride from LAX I got shuffled. High noon, not busy and the driver held back out of sight and started the arrival clock. Then she called and I told her exactly where I was, rideshare station "5E" exactly at the pin location. I let the clock run up to 4:45 and then I cancelled. A minute later she wizzed by in the outer lane. The Lyft app said I was responsible for the cancellation fee because the driver spent 6 minutes traveling toward me. However, when I contested the fee, I was immediately told via the app that the cancellation fee was waved because I had cancelled within the allotted time. This is evil. Lyft charged me a cancellation fee knowing I was not liable for it, nor would the driver get credit for it due to not waiting 5 min, but did not admit so until I called them on it. Therefore, I wonder how many cancellation fees that Lyft collects without crediting the driver.

mbd

I got a chance to be a Lyft rider for a few days in LA. My very first ride from LAX I got shuffled. High noon, not busy and the driver held back out of sight and started the arrival clock. Then she called and I told her exactly where I was, rideshare station "5E" exactly at the pin location. I let the clock run up to 4:45 and then I cancelled. A minute later she wizzed by in the outer lane. The Lyft app said I was responsible for the cancellation fee because the driver spent 6 minutes traveling toward me. However, when I contested the fee, I was immediately told via the app that the cancellation fee was waved because I had cancelled within the allotted time. This is evil. Lyft charged me a cancellation fee knowing I was not liable for it, nor would the driver get credit for it due to not waiting 5 min, but did not admit so until I called them on it. Therefore, I wonder how many cancellation fees that Lyft collects without crediting the driver.
It is a auto response ... giving the cancellation fee back .
All you have to do is contest it... they don’t have time to waste on cancellation fee.?

Dropking

Thats not whats happening.

Anytime a pax contests a cancel fee via app, they automatically and immediately get it removed. This is cheaper for lyft than having people review these claims. They will detect abuse of this option so pax must use sparingly.

Stromile

Not true, you canceled after driver arrived so driver got fee. It's only the 1st 2min of pax request, that they can cancel without being charged fee. Gyft is the only loser in this scenario. .

lyft_rat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not true, you canceled after driver arrived so driver got fee. It's only the 1st 2min of pax request, that they can cancel without being charged fee. Gyft is the only loser in this scenario. .
Thanks for that correction.

Sold My Soul For Stars

Yep the passenger only has 2 minutes from when they order to be able to cancel without a fee. If you cancel anywhere after 2 minutes, the driver gets the cancellation fee. The driver won't get paid a cancellation fee if you cancel within 2 minutes or they cancel without waiting out their 5 minutes. The exception being shared or shared saver rides

KK2929

Refunds are easy. My point is they charged me and I bet they did not give it to the driver because I cancelled before the clock ran out. That is shady.
--------------------------
The driver should not have started the arrival timer until they actually arrived or in the general area. The 5 minutes wait does not apply at LAX, even though the app still does it. No one may wait for a pax, unless they want a ticket from the airport police. The pax is suppose to be toes to curb and waiting. The whole process of pickup should take less then 30 seconds. I am not certain why you cancelled. You were waiting , she was there -- what did cancelling accomplish ? You do not know LAX nor what she was doing. I do not think that any driver will deal with LAX traffic just to shuffle on you for the $5. You did not say what day you were traveling but if it was Thur or Friday, traffic would have been heavy. If a driver is not experienced, just to get past TBIT and pickup point "D" takes over 5 minutes.

tmofog

I start the arrival timer whenever the Lyft app tells me I have arrived. It also notifies the passenger to get their ass to the curb.

Diamondraider

Yep the passenger only has 2 minutes from when they order to be able to cancel without a fee. If you cancel anywhere after 2 minutes, the driver gets the cancellation fee. The driver won't get paid a cancellation fee if you cancel within 2 minutes or they cancel without waiting out their 5 minutes. The exception being shared or shared saver rides
Another exception: stacked rides, the clock doesn’t start until the car is empty.

Justice123

Post automatically merged:

1584994499598.jpeg

Attachments

nonononodrivethru

It's an odds game. 70% of passengers will not contest the cancel fee and 35% of drivers won't contest not getting one.

One hand pays the other.

Atom guy

It's an odds game. 70% of passengers will not contest the cancel fee and 35% of drivers won't contest not getting one.

One hand pays the other.
This is how corporate America makes money these days. They overcharge on purpose, knowing that a high percentage of people won't notice or complain. Banks make more from their BS fees than they do from lending money.

Doesn't it feel great to work with a corporation whose entire business model is based on deceiving drivers and passengers?