Lyft cancel scam

mandreyka

Picked up a group from a pretty expensive restaraunt and took them back to their pretty expensive resort.

It was parents with adult children and the mother ordered the plus ride.

So I pick them up and start the trip, turn the car around and I hear a ding in my ear and see that "Jennifer has canceled the ride.

So I pull over and say "ok I guess the ride is over you canceled it"
Now the idiot son who probably put her up to it says "oh she must of hit something on accident"

I was pissed and almost just went offline , they were re-requesting but it wasn't pinging me. Finally I got it and took them, they did tip in the app so not sure what really happened.

So how many buttons do you have to push to cancel a Lyft ride as a pax?

Oh and automatic 1 star

Rick N.

Picked up a group from a pretty expensive restaraunt and took them back to their pretty expensive resort.

So I pick them up and start the trip, turn the car around and I hear a ding in my ear and see that "Jennifer has canceled the ride.

Now the idiot son who probably put her up to it says "oh she must of hit something on accident"

I was pissed and almost just went offline , they were re-requesting but it wasn't pinging me. Finally I got it and took them, they did tip in the app so not sure what really happened.

Oh and automatic 1 star
This happened to me once, picked up lady from hospital about a 10 mile drive soon as i got in the highway she cancels pulled over immediately on the highway told her she cancelled her ride was over, she gets mad says i can't leave her on the side of the highway, i said you wanna bet, told her i know what she was doing and she said I'll request again, got the ping but i was like 4 miles from pick up point, got to the destination emailed lyft told them everything they paid me the full fare plus a little more 1 Starr for her.

afrojoe824

What I also love about lyft is that they would remove the rider's guaranteed 1 star for you. Uber will just give you the stuid 500 ride average spew. Lyft will actually remove the 1 star and not let it count against you when it's definitely not your fault. Retaliatory 1 stars are dumb and I've gotten quite a few of those on uber. Definitely could get away dropping off on the side of the highway without getting dinged lol

second2noone

Some pax are really dum. They play with their phone and press the cancel button by accident too. I don't care but if you cancel then ride is over no matter what.

Like Joe said good thing about lyft is you can remove retaliatory ratings but too bad side note not worth driving lyft.

Rick N.

What I also love about lyft is that they would remove the rider's guaranteed 1 star for you. Uber will just give you the stuid 500 ride average spew. Lyft will actually remove the 1 star and not let it count against you when it's definitely not your fault. Retaliatory 1 stars are dumb and I've gotten quite a few of those on uber. Definitely could get away dropping off on the side of the highway without getting dinged lol
I think she got more scared because it was like 2am and there was no traffic flowing in either directionin the middle of nowhere she was like ' I'm so sorry I'll request again please don't leave me here, no drivers are gonna pick me up from here '

afrojoe824

I think she got more scared because it was like 2am and there was no traffic flowing in either directionin the middle of nowhere she was like ' I'm so sorry I'll request again please don't leave me here, no drivers are gonna pick me up from here '
Good! Hopefully she learns a lesson and not screw with people's livelihood.

These people are trying to get free rides and think they're only ripping off Lyft/Uber. they don't think it's the driver they're actually stealing from.

afrojoe824

So can they canceled with just one swipe or does it take two?
never done it mid ride - b/c I'm not shady but I've cancelled while they're enroute and it's just one button.

but who has the lyft app open while in a ride??? I usually request and close the app and do what I'm doing. It takes a special kind of stupid or CHEATER/THEIF to cancel

Rick N.

Good! Hopefully she learns a lesson and not screw with people's livelihood.

These people are trying to get free rides and think they're only ripping off Lyft/Uber. they don't think it's the driver they're actually stealing from.
Actually they don't really care who they're stealing from as long as they get the free ride. I wonder what a self driving car would do in that situation? Travis.

mandreyka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
never done it mid ride - b/c I'm not shady but I've cancelled while they're enroute and it's just one button.

but who has the lyft app open while in a ride??? I usually request and close the app and do what I'm doing. It takes a special kind of stupid or CHEATER/THEIF to cancel
I know as a driver when you cancel a ride it asks you to confirm

afrojoe824

Actually they don't really care who they're stealing from as long as they get the free ride. I wonder what a self driving car would do in that situation? Travis.
For sure. Imagine cancelling mid ride on an autonomous car? Car would probably be like "GTFO"... then it'll be programmed to automatically accept the next ping and now the person they're dropping off will get a far away driver while on the side of a highway

Calhiker

This happened to me once, picked up lady from hospital about a 10 mile drive soon as i got in the highway she cancels pulled over immediately on the highway told her she cancelled her ride was over, she gets mad says i can't leave her on the side of the highway, i said you wanna bet, told her i know what she was doing and she said I'll request again, got the ping but i was like 4 miles from pick up point, got to the destination emailed lyft told them everything they paid me the full fare plus a little more 1 Starr for her.
Wow that's just sad and even worse that it seems to happen so frequently. I think most drivers have wised up to this scam and not tolerate it. I would have really wanted to leave her right on the highway but that could get us deactivated

Optimus Uber

Oh and automatic 1 star
Happened to me. Was going to kick him out but it was 150% PT. made him ping me again. Then It went to someone else that was 5 miles away. Because when I turned my app on I got someone else's ping before he could ping me. Had to cancel that ping so he could try again but a little quicker this time.

On top of it, punk azz was only going from SM to Brentwood. It was a shorty.

My trip cancelled right when he pulled the handle of the car to get in. So I am assuming is he had the phone in his hand and only had to hit confirm to cancel then tried to make enough noise opening the car door so I didn't hear the cancel ping.

They think they're cute by doing it. But they must shit bricks when you hear that sound come out of the phone. They bong it makes is pretty loud. Peeps keep your volume maxed when you do ride share. Don't get played by these fools.

In order to cancel you have the select the drop down menu in the app, upper right corner. Then select cancel ride. Then confirm. It's a three step process. It doesn't happen by accident.

mandreyka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Happened to me. Was going to kick him out but it was 150% PT. made him ping me again. Then It went to someone else that was 5 miles away. Because when I turned my app on I got someone else's ping before he could ping me. Had to cancel that ping so he could try again but a little quicker this time.

On top of it, punk azz was only going from SM to Brentwood. It was a shorty.

My trip cancelled right when he pulled the handle of the car to get in. So I am assuming is he had the phone in his hand and only had to hit confirm to cancel then tried to make enough noise opening the car door so I didn't hear the cancel ping.

They think they're cute by doing it. But they must shit bricks when you hear that sound come out of the phone. They bong it makes is pretty loud. Peeps keep your volume maxed when you do ride share. Don't get played by these fools.

In order to cancel you have the select the drop down menu in the app, upper right corner. Then select cancel ride. Then confirm. It's a three step process. It doesn't happen by accident.
Thanks for clarifying that, that's why she earned 1 star. I keep a blutooth in my ear so they never heard it but I did. Had it been in silent I may have missed the push notification.

She said it was her first Lyft ride, more BS because she was a 4.8 I think.
Pretty sure it was her idiot kids that showed her at dinner how to do it.

They were begging to let me re request. Told them well let's see who it goes to then they were worried.

Trailer trash trying to live it up in the OC , eating at captain jacks and staying at the Hyatt all the while tryin to screw over the Lyft driver.

Well I still got a 5 star and a tip and she got a 1 and I learned something. Win-win.

Last edited:

Optimus Uber

I actually have people watch the app while I'm driving. They think they'll be able to tell when you long haul them. Frickin idiots.

Or how about the ones that turn on waze or google apps while you're driving and they leave the voice on to tell you where to turn. Yeah I know? I have waze right there.

or even better the ones that turn on the app and don't know how to use it. Yeah, that will drive me crazy.

Had a girl one time tell me not to take the freeway because there is an accident on it. I said my app isn't showing an accident. Where is the accident. She says, everywhere.

Had I taken the route she wanted I would've been stuck with her in the car for an extra 20 minutes and 4 miles less on the route. Sorry we are taking fastest, longest route and you'll like it.

afrojoe824

I actually have people watch the app while I'm driving. They think they'll be able to tell when you long haul them. Frickin idiots.

Or how about the ones that turn on waze or google apps while you're driving and they leave the voice on to tell you where to turn. Yeah I know? I have waze right there.

or even better the ones that turn on the app and don't know how to use it. Yeah, that will drive me crazy.

Had a girl one time tell me not to take the freeway because there is an accident on it. I said my app isn't showing an accident. Where is the accident. She says, everywhere.

Had I taken the route she wanted I would've been stuck with her in the car for an extra 20 minutes and 4 miles less on the route. Sorry we are taking fastest, longest route and you'll like it.
Those are worst!

What's even worst are the ones ordering UberPool or Lyft Line and turn on Google Maps/Waze and you hear the voice notification. I look them in the mirror and they know they F'd up... 1 star for those punks..

My UberPool pax yesterday told me to get on the CarPool lane on the 405N b/c it's fast. I said "No actually it's not. You're going slower than other lanes and you're stuck to that lane with no chance of switching unless you want a ticket".

Optimus Uber

Thanks for clarifying that, that's why she earned 1 star. I keep a blutooth in my ear so they never heard it but I did. Had it been in silent I may have missed the push notification.

She said it was her first Lyft ride, more BS because she was a 4.8 I think.
Pretty sure it was her idiot kids that showed her at dinner how to do it.

They were begging to let me re request. Told them well let's see who it goes to then they were worried.

Trailer trash trying to live it up in the OC , eating at captain jacks and staying at the Hyatt all the while tryin to screw over the Lyft driver.

Well I still got a 5 star and a tip and she got a 1 and o learned something. Win-win.
The guy that did it to me. Same thing 1*. I don't want to ever get a ping from you again. Next time you can walk to Brentwood.

I don't understand why so many people have to be driven to the gym. You're going to work out run to the gym and get your warm up in.

There's a guy that lives in that complex where herringbone is in SM, on Ocean. Every morning he pings a select car to take him to SM and 2nd to Equinox. He will make you wait the entire 5 minutes before he gets his lazy self entitled ass to the car. Forget his name. But I try to stay away from it when I come back up from my first lax run.

I was able to get a cancel fee on him one time. You make more on the cancel than the ride. Cancel fee is $7.50. Ride net is $6.75. Now I just let it ping through.