• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft being passive aggressive

Invisible

I get that message almost daily with Lyft. It really has to stop because it just makes me login to Uber more.

But I will say I like how Lyft will pay be $5 for canceling for an unaccompanied minor, and I don’t have to wait 5 min.

TomTheAnt

Never seen that. Yet... :rolleyes: Looks just as annoying as the pop-ups after declining a ping or letting it expire.

Might have to be cancelling more going forward, though. Looks like the latest update did away with any kind of notice, not even a ding, of a stacked trip. Had to cancel twice already the last couple of days. :mad:

beezlewaxin

That's not "passive aggressive". It's the opposite because they are actively telling you how you are hurting them but they are powerless to do anything about it so they are unable to be agressive. It is actively non-agressive.

Passive agressive would be if they @@@@ed with your account or gave you crappy rides without saying anything to you at all.

Woohaa

Canceling too many rides gets drivers kicked off the platform. Seeing as how Lyft basically pays McDonald's wages (after deducting gas and other expenses) I don't think that's a big deal to most drivers these days.

BeansnRice

Canceling too many rides gets drivers kicked off the platform. Seeing as how Lyft basically pays McDonald's wages (after deducting gas and other expenses) I don't think that's a big deal to most drivers these days.
Cancel is the term they want us to use when deciding not to take a ride after clicking the accept button.

Actually, U/L gives drivers no real ability to legally accept the ride. Therefore you really are not cancelling but declining the trip.

Drivers are not given enough info to ascertain whether the ride should be taken. Drivers move toward the rider with blind faith that the ride is beneficial to them.

Anyway, you could review basic contract law to understand what I’m saying.

Just my non legal opinion though..

BigRedDriver

I get that message almost daily with Lyft. It really has to stop because it just makes me login to Uber more.

But I will say I like how Lyft will pay be $5 for canceling for an unaccompanied minor, and I don’t have to wait 5 min.
Don’t think they can for cancelling rides they prohibit you for taking or when the rider is not there.
Post automatically merged:

Let’s see I canceled for no car seat on Sunday and for too many passengers last night. Contacted Lyft and got paid $5 for each.

Go to log in today and get this crap. Screw you Lyft I have had maybe 5 driver cancels this year and you want to send me this crap.
The reply should be.......

Are you telling me to break the law?

Please speak to my States Attorney General. I plan to.

Jake Air

That's good to know Invisible about unaccompanied minors.
It so funny. Yea, Lyft loves sending condescending messages written in a way that you have an IQ of 12.
I just say out loud "f8ck off" while I clear the message, and then I feel better until the next one arrives, when I repeat my profanity and clear that one out too. lol
Post automatically merged:

Let’s see I canceled for no car seat on Sunday and for too many passengers last night. Contacted Lyft and got paid $5 for each.

Go to log in today and get this crap. Screw you Lyft I have had maybe 5 driver cancels this year and you want to send me this crap.
Lyft should really consider changing its name to something more applicable like Passive Aggressive, or Stupid Messages, but the window stickers would just be too enormous for my liking. So I guess I'll live with "Lyft"

Last edited:

Invisible

That's good to know Invisible about unaccompanied minors.
To get the $5 fee I message Lyft through the app that the reason I cancelled the ride was because —— was using his mother’s account, and he is an unaccompanied minor. Then I get a response thanking me for alerting them and how they will give me $5.00.

I’m not sure if that’s what I’m supposed to do since Im newer, but it’s working for me. I did ask in one message if I had to wait for the timer to countdown and they said no.

I keep getting a lot of minors with Lyft, but not so much w/ Uber, it’s odd.

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To get the $5 fee I message Lyft through the app that the reason I cancelled the ride was because —— was using his mother’s account, and he is an unaccompanied minor. Then I get a response thanking me for alerting them and how they will give me $5.00.

I’m not sure if that’s what I’m supposed to do since Im newer, but it’s working for me. I did ask in one message if I had to wait for the timer to countdown and they said no.

I keep getting a lot of minors with Lyft, but not so much w/ Uber, it’s odd.
I do the same, and also for too many riders. I get the $5 every time. I think if people abuse it it may go away but for now it works.

occupant

Awww, it put pixels on your screen you had to tap away.

Just ignore it like one of those, "Wait, before you go, subscribe to our newsletter..." popover ads.

It means nothing. Psychological tricks to make you think you suck balls as a driver so you work *harder* and accept more bad rides and don't cancel for fear of seeing another popup ad on your screen.