• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft becoming very evil

jgiun1

I went to the airport staging area and waiting to get my queue number....no lie, 20 straight requests to this outside concert venue that holds about 23,000, roughly 14 minutes away. Every ride request was not one penny extra. They happened so fast and furious, took 8 minutes to get a queue number...lol

The area is impossible to pick up at (in fact it would be easier to be offline and those people will pay whatever cash you demand for a ride) I did that concert area one time in 2016 and was primetimed 500%. You roll up and hundreds of people just grabbing you're door handles and screaming into the car offering cash to cancel rider and take them.

Uber surged about 17 dollars for a good half hour and not one cent on Evil Lyft.

I'm almost ready to delete Lyft app!!!! They suck and 50 times more greedy than Uber.

I honestly don't get Lyfts strategic plans with getting rid of primetime for slot machines....give up hundreds of people in demand to get suckers to take a few high upfront fares from Noobs.

Bottom two pic's are right now 1:55am bar crowds not even fully out yet.....NOT a penny on Gryft. Who's is actually picking people up? The lease suckers.

Attachments

CTK

I've pondered this myself - WTF is Lyft's game? Uber surges, Lyft doesn't, riders at events flock to Lyft - hooray it's cheaper! Great Lyft, except none of them can actually get a ride. So not only do they make less on the few rides they did manage to get, but they've shown all those riders how unreliable their service is. Seems pretty stupid to me.

jgiun1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've pondered this myself - WTF is Lyft's game? Uber surges, Lyft doesn't, riders at events flock to Lyft - hooray it's cheaper! Great Lyft, except none of them can actually get a ride. So not only do they make less on the few rides they did manage to get, but they've shown all those riders how unreliable their service is. Seems pretty stupid to me.
Yep....even when Uber got rid of the multiplier, they tried the low ball stuff and no surge here just like Lyft. Took them about three weeks and they woke up realized drivers aren't stupid enough to go into heavy bars, events, and rush hour for 65 cents a mile, 24 cents a minute. Lyft is going on months and haven't cared I guess about the 1,000's of drunk and event people using Uber instead.

The lyft leases are big here and figured that's what's ruining it. Until I see money attached for high stress areas, no GO.

jgiun1

Lyft is charging passengers premium rates while paying drivers base.
They don't even make sense here....clearly all they have is mostly lease slaves doing flat rates... Then they offer $700 for a referred driver bonus for about the past month and a half.

Jay Dean

^ this. Other than that there would be no herd. My acceptance rate on Lyft is always in the teens
Post automatically merged:

honestly have thought about deleting the app lol .. but I use it just in between uber pings as a backup
I deleted the app just for the pure meomories of all their games, I’d much rather just wait for an Uber ping IF I ever drive again then to drive for that headache of a company lol...

It felt good to get that annoying BS off my phone and tablet. GOT IT

jgiun1

^ this. Other than that there would be no herd. My acceptance rate on Lyft is always in the teens

honestly have thought about deleting the app lol .. but I use it just in between uber pings as a backup
Yep...keep for airport's I guess. My acceptance in single digits....maybe they'll do me a favor.?

Another Uber Driver

Gryft is "becoming" evil? This is a poor vocabulary choice. The proper title would be that Gryft IS evil.

they offer $700 for a referred driver bonus for about the past month and a half.
Gryft is offering seven hundred bananas in Pittsburgh. Fubar is offering that here, but, Gryft is offering only two hundred. It does not matter, because Lyft will try to weasel out of paying up. They call it "Gryft" for a reason.

peteyvavs

I went to the airport staging area and waiting to get my queue number....no lie, 20 straight requests to this outside concert venue that holds about 23,000, roughly 14 minutes away. Every ride request was not one penny extra. They happened so fast and furious, took 8 minutes to get a queue number...lol

The area is impossible to pick up at (in fact it would be easier to be offline and those people will pay whatever cash you demand for a ride) I did that concert area one time in 2016 and was primetimed 500%. You roll up and hundreds of people just grabbing you're door handles and screaming into the car offering cash to cancel rider and take them.

Uber surged about 17 dollars for a good half hour and not one cent on Evil Lyft.

I'm almost ready to delete Lyft app!!!! They suck and 50 times more greedy than Uber.

I honestly don't get Lyfts strategic plans with getting rid of primetime for slot machines....give up hundreds of people in demand to get suckers to take a few high upfront fares from Noobs.

Bottom two pic's are right now 1:55am bar crowds not even fully out yet.....NOT a penny on Gryft. Who's is actually picking people up? The lease suckers.
Lyft is managed by IDIOTS, they’ll be bought out sooner then you think.

rkozy

Lyft - hooray it's cheaper! Great Lyft, except none of them can actually get a ride. So not only do they make less on the few rides they did manage to get, but they've shown all those riders how unreliable their service is.
I live in a small Midwestern area that has a constant influx of welfare recipients who got kicked out of public housing in Chicago. They all swear by Lyft because it is cheaper than Uber. And, when you're living off the taxpayer, you obviously want to make sure that free money you're getting for having fatherless children is spent wisely.

Problem is, Lyft drivers in my market are virtually non-existent. So, these welfare queens complain to me about how long it takes to get a Lyft so they can ride four-and-a-half blocks to Family Dollar to buy their hair relaxers. Yet, they keep throwing on Lyft day after day, because that extra dollar they save can be applied towards their next government-funded pedicure.

Lyft is a joke. Sometimes I just throw it on, and deny ping after ping so I can laugh at the acceptance-shaming they give me for not taking every request. If I get a ride request that is close, I'll take it...provided Uber is idle at that moment. Otherwise, Lyft is a freakin' joke and gets treated as such.

Another Uber Driver

I do find that I must reject more Gryft pings than Fubar. This is taking into consideration that I cancel far more Fubar pings after I accept them than I cancel Gryft pings after I accept them.

O-Side Uber

Pitbull played the fair here last weekend and about one hour before the show , everyone that lived within 5 miles of the fairgrounds thought they could just take a ride share at the last minute and glide right in, yeah right! It caused chaos on the fwy and side streets. I had two drop offs I did a quarter mile from the event for no surge. My last declined request said 27 minutes to go one mile for the pick up, no surge pricing. I has to turn the app off to get out of there . How is it possible that there was no surge for that kind of demand?

nouberipo

Lyft is charging passengers premium rates while paying drivers base.
which is why you need to explain to every rider that this is going on. I see it as my duty that anytime a rider gets in the car, Uber or Lyft, I explain to them that if they are getting a surge that it is not going to the driver but instead the companies are price gauging them.

Lyft is managed by IDIOTS, they’ll be bought out sooner then you think.
and they know that hence copying everything that Uber does. I would hope that regulators are watching so that antitrust inquiries will arise if/when it happens.

AvisDeene

The moment Uber surges in my area is the moment I turn off my Lyft app. It's just not worth doing their runs where they make all the money while I make peanuts. I hope they burn.

jgiun1

When I picture Lyft higher up's....I picture Wolf of Wall Street and them throwing fun coupons off the yacht of lobsters and ladies.

Eber88

I live in a small Midwestern area that has a constant influx of welfare recipients who got kicked out of public housing in Chicago. They all swear by Lyft because it is cheaper than Uber. And, when you're living off the taxpayer, you obviously want to make sure that free money you're getting for having fatherless children is spent wisely.

Problem is, Lyft drivers in my market are virtually non-existent. So, these welfare queens complain to me about how long it takes to get a Lyft so they can ride four-and-a-half blocks to Family Dollar to buy their hair relaxers. Yet, they keep throwing on Lyft day after day, because that extra dollar they save can be applied towards their next government-funded pedicure.

Lyft is a joke. Sometimes I just throw it on, and deny ping after ping so I can laugh at the acceptance-shaming they give me for not taking every request. If I get a ride request that is close, I'll take it...provided Uber is idle at that moment. Otherwise, Lyft is a freakin' joke and gets treated as such.
Welfare queens? Slow your role, suspected white supremacist. You the know the majority of welfare recipients are actually white women. Check on your “welfare queens” in Owsley, Kentucky. The most (white) people on welfare in the entire country. See, when black people are on welfare it’s because of economically starved areas and maldistribution of resources.

@@@@@@bag

Merc7186

Lyft just lowered the rates for XL rides here in Upstate NY. I took a minimum XL ride the other night and it paid a whopping $4.02...I have always said that Lyft is the younger, dumber little brother in my market but now I am going to treat them like the trash that they are.

Saturday Night at 3am (when some bars shut down early due to police order), Uber Surge jumped up to a 3.0x...Lyft barely shown up with a 25% PT Zone. During that time, I kept fast pace rejecting Lyft rides because I couldnt get the app to shut down.