1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lyft be uber

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by samsax, Jul 16, 2017.

1. samsax

samsax New Member

so this weekend I've been in LA and totally thought Uber would be worth it... it's not. However Lyft has been nothing but perfect to me. I've made double with Lyft today than I have in the past week w Uber..... wtf why is that

2. deadmile

deadmile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Because they took note you drove all the way from Palm Springs to do rideshare they felt bad for you so they gave you better rides

3. samsax

samsax New Member

I
    I drive for both and so far Uber has been ****.

Uberdriver2710 likes this.
  4. Bleach

Bleach Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber be lyft

JasonB likes this.
  5. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Well-Known Member

Lyft failed my inspection last week because of a worn rear wiper. But they cannot give me a Plus only option. Strange priorities.

(An interesting side note - when I first typed Lyft, my phone auto-corrected it to "Luftwaffe.")

JasonB and DeplorableDonald like this.

6. MiniUberX

MiniUberX Active Member

Lyft isn't as good when it comes to cherry picking surge rides. I run the Uber app on my iPad if I am on the way to pickup for either platform. If it begins surging, or is surging and it goes higher after accepting a request, I'll cancel and get another.

Lyft doesn't like high cancellations. After 3 warnings, they'll deactivate. Uber is happy once you get it back down. It really depends on where you drive for the surge.

LA often has more areas of PT than Uber, but Uber often has bigger surges.

Ventura county doesn't go into PT on Lyft. Very rarely does. Uber does almost every day

Attached Files:

LADriver likes this.
  7. mandreyka

mandreyka Well-Known Member

I just took my previous year lyft inspection and copied all the mechanic info on a new form. Passed

Lord Summerisle and Sluber like this.
  8. LADriver

LADriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not UBER, it's your driving strategy. (I have over 11,000 UBER rides under my belt in 4 years.) This forum has a SUB level area for LYFT drivers, because it's all about UBER. Notice how this forum doesn't scream out LYFT PLATFORM!!!

Because it is only 25 percent of the U.S. market. LYFT is only domestic. While UBER is international. Which means that most ride share passengers that travel the World, and arrive into LAX, use UBER for their international travels.

I've cancelled on UBER hundreds of times. I've receive numerous warnings and have not been deactivated in 4 years. I use UBER to my benefit. I don't need UBER. I have my own private limo clients. The sooner UBER disappears, the happier I'll be.

mandreyka likes this.
  9. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Simple

I did nearly 20 : 1 uber over lyft

Instead of other way around...

ACTUALLY ....your brloved fuber starts billing at two minutes wait....

Which however you look at it is NOT a bad thing. Except it should bonus over cancel fee which it doesnt

Did anyone tell em thar rear wipers are NOT required????

Lord Summerisle likes this.
  10. Uberdriver2710

Uberdriver2710 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Both = multiple streams of cha-ching$.

11. samsax

samsax New Member

It's not my driving strategy and I don't know why you're being so fudging rude but okay my guy have a great day

And congrats on your 11000+ rides.... wanna cookie???

lol I meant VS