Lyft bail outs

Gwoae

I had a nice one today that I assume was a bailout. I took a ping that is 18 minutes away because it was in a nice plan of houses and I was pretty confident that it was going to be an airport run at 4am. I drive about 6 minutes so I am about 10 minutes away and it cancels. At almost the exact same time I get a new ping that is 10 minutes further away in that same direction. So lyft gets me going that way and then tries to get me to go further while probably giving that other request to someone that was probably a minute or 2 behind me. Turned the app off for the night

sd1303

Did you get a cancel fee? If you were on track to arrive within 5 minutes of the original estimate, you should have.

If you didn't, contact support and raise hell.

$5 for 6 minutes of work is not bad. Just think... you very well could have ended up driving the entire 18 minutes and only gotten a minimum fare.

Oh, and you probably don't want to accept too many of those 18-minute-away requests. My limit is 7-8 minutes... 12 if I'm bored.

sd1303

No I was still 10 minutes out.

Doesn't matter how far out you were.

If you got the ping at 6:00 am, and the ETA was 6:18 am. You get cancelled at 6:06 am.

As long as you are still projected to arrive no later than 6:23 am (i.e. you didn't stay parked for 6 minutes... or start driving the wrong direction), you should get a cancel fee.

The two criteria are:
- Been enroute for at least 5 minutes
- On track to arrive within 5 minutes of the original estimated arrival time

Gwoae

n at 4am. I drive about 6 minutes so I am about 10 minutes away and it cancels. At almost the exact same time I get a new ping that is 10 minutes further

Did you get a cancel fee? If you were on track to arrive within 5 minutes of the original estimate, you should have.

If you didn't, contact support and raise hell.

$5 for 6 minutes of work is not bad. Just think... you very well could have ended up driving the entire 18 minutes and only gotten a minimum fare.

Oh, and you probably don't want to accept too many of those 18-minute-away requests. My limit is 7-8 minutes... 12 if I'm bored.

Doesn't matter how far out you were.

If you got the ping at 6:00 am, and the ETA was 6:18 am. You get cancelled at 6:06 am.

As long as you are still projected to arrive no later than 6:23 am (i.e. you didn't stay parked for 6 minutes... or start driving the wrong direction), you should get a cancel fee.

So you are saying if they cancel more than 5 min after original ping and your ETA is still the same then you should get the fee?

I was at 5am and eta was 5:18. I got cancelled at 5:08 but my eta was still 5:18. I did not get a cancel fee at least that I saw. If I was supposed to I will check again after work.

sd1303

Okphillip

Screenshot_20170908-091630.png
Done about 12 Lyft rides this past week. Look how many cancellations:

Last edited: