Lyft at USC

iheartuber

Conducted my own market research by talking to 3 USC students asking them how they like the switch from free uber rides to free Lyft rides

The verdict? All three didn't even sign up! Why? A few reasons:

1. They know they have to pay for surge charges and they anticipate surges always so their broke a***s just said "forget this I'll just walk"
2. They "can't figure out how to sign up for Lyft"
3. They simply "haven't gotten around to signing up yet"

The train wreck has begun!

I'll keep asking more people, gather more data

SorryBluetoothOnly

Conducted my own market research by talking to 3 USC students asking them how they like the switch from free uber rides to free Lyft rides

The verdict? All three didn't even sign up! Why? A few reasons:

1. They know they have to pay for surge charges and they anticipate surges always so their broke a***s just said "forget this I'll just walk"
2. They "can't figure out how to sign up for Lyft"
3. They simply "haven't gotten around to signing up yet"

The train wreck has begun!

I'll keep asking more people, gather more data

4. They aren't allowing to even order a Lyft unless one of the campus shuttles is more than X minutes away. They have to call the hotline and find out first.

USC must have balked at the huge bill they were getting each month. Never mind the surge...those $2.62 rides add up.

Lord Summerisle

4. They aren't allowing to even order a Lyft unless one of the campus shuttles is more than X minutes away. They have to call the hotline and find out first.

USC must have balked at the huge bill they were getting each month. Never mind the surge...those $2.62 rides add up.

Just wait till the next female student gets assaulted or worse...it'll be freebie city again.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Trust me, that campus cruiser is ALWAYS 30 min away

Sure, but the phone call is just another barrier to ordering. Will it stop everyone? No. But the inconvenience will prevent some % of rides going from a frat house to McDonald's for late night munchies for example. Demand WILL be lower by some measureable amount.

RUSSREED2.0

Just think George's first HBO show was done at USC, if George were to perform at USC today there'd be a shitstorm of snowflakes offended running for their safe spaces.
I think you misunderstand, comedy, satire and who a snowflake is. If you are referring to liberals (wrong)! If you're referring to conservative (wrong)! That stupid term needs to be applied back to the person who came up with.

Lord Summerisle

I think you misunderstand, comedy, satire and who a snowflake is. If you are referring to liberals (wrong)! If you're referring to conservative (wrong)! That stupid term needs to be applied back to the person who came up with.

Most people attribute it to Fight Club - "You are not a beautiful unique snowflake." At the LA Festival of Books this year Chuck Palahniuk said that he told Wikipedia that he didn't invent the term but they went ahead and attributed it to him anyway.

RUSSREED2.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170908-085740.png
    Screenshot_20170908-085740.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 21