Lyft are you serious???

Fuzzyelvis

Does anyone think this is possible? 75 trips in 3 days on LYFT? Why would they even think I would attempt it?
20180927_183010.jpg

Transeau

Lyft, in my area (1 hour east of Los Angeles) - it's impossible. A fantastic week for Lyft here is 50 trips. 75 in 3 days? LOL hell no.

MHR

If Houston’s anything like the SAT area you would be a Lyft goddess, hall of fame material, if that was accomplished. I would loan you my crown if you could make that happen.

Fuzzyelvis

If Houston’s anything like the SAT area you would be a Lyft goddess, hall of fame material, if that was accomplished. I would loan you my crown if you could make that happen.
Well you can't even come close to 2 trips per hour with Lyft here. But even if you could, you'd run out of hours to get the trips because you'd be cut off.

In the past I've tried a couple of their guarantees, but the average per hour is 1.3-1.5 trips. During busy times. Slow times I have turned on the app out of curiosity and gone 2 hours with not even one ping. That's IN TOWN. You couldn't get 75 trips over the weekend unless you got your friends to all order short trips.

Reactions: MHR

jtk131604

Some days it's a struggle just to get 25 trips in a day with Uber even with trying really hard, much less Lyft. I have both apps on at all times waiting for requests and i don't think Lyft gets even 5% of total ride requests.

itsablackmarket

Not even worth chasing even if it were possible. You could easily make that much on 75 rides if you had a few more longer trips than normal. The rides are simply not there, and never will be. Not on Uber or Lyft. They have approached our market the wrong way. WE ARE NOT SAN FRANCISCO!

likemyname

Some days it's a struggle just to get 25 trips in a day with Uber even with trying really hard, much less Lyft. I have both apps on at all times waiting for requests and i don't think Lyft gets even 5% of total ride requests.
In my opinion, Lyft should pack up and leave. They aren't making it. I get $13.00 worth of trips out of $100 i make.

jtk131604

When they first came back to Houston they did ok, at least for me. I used to get quite a few more Lyft rides back then. These days I catch myself saying "wow...Lyft...", when there's a ride request.

Fuzzyelvis

When they first came back to Houston they did ok, at least for me. I used to get quite a few more Lyft rides back then. These days I catch myself saying "wow...Lyft...", when there's a ride request.
For a while their market share was steadily increasing. Lately it's nosedived. I think their lack of Primetime is partly to blame. Uber surges and Lyft doesn't, so pax try to order Lyft but get no one (why would the driver accept if uber is surging), or the driver cancels. Eventually they stop trying and use uber exclusively.

touberornottouber

I'm not in Houston but here you stand maybe a 75% chance of being able to do it if you work 14 hours per day for those three days and stick to the 'hoods (greater affinity for Lyft it seems -- often they are cheaper than Uber) and around the colleges (short rides). In a certain area for about two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon I can knock out about 3-4 shorties an hour on Lyft. That would be 12-16 rides right there if all went well.

Without doing anything special I did about 8 hours on Lyft once and got 17 rides and only 2 from Uber during that time. But I am usually looking for long rides, not short ones.

Then again you'd have to rely on Lyft being honest about the dispatch and not intentionally cutting you off if you got near the goal. Unfortunately there is no oversight and they can basically do anything they want.

UsedToBeAPartner

I'm not in Houston but here you stand maybe a 75% chance of being able to do it if you work 14 hours per day for those three days and stick to the 'hoods (greater affinity for Lyft it seems -- often they are cheaper than Uber) and around the colleges (short rides). In a certain area for about two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon I can knock out about 3-4 shorties an hour on Lyft. That would be 12-16 rides right there if all went well.

Without doing anything special I did about 8 hours on Lyft once and got 17 rides and only 2 from Uber during that time. But I am usually looking for long rides, not short ones.

Then again you'd have to rely on Lyft being honest about the dispatch and not intentionally cutting you off if you got near the goal. Unfortunately there is no oversight and they can basically do anything they want.

Who cares what you can or cannot do in FL. It's comparing Apple to Elon Musk. Please keep in mind that Houston is NOT similar to ANY city in FL.

Fuzzyelvis

You couldn't do it here. There's nowhere near the rides.

What makes Lyft think I would attempt that when I barely take any Lyft trips as it is? Monday evening I turned the app on an hour before I left work (curiosity, really) and drove 20 miles home, only getting a ping 1 mile from my house (ignored). If I can't get a ping for over 1.5 hours in the evening, I'm hardly likely to try to get 75 in 3 days.

JaredJ

90% of the Lyft rides in Houston are in neighborhoods with bars on the windows, unless its an out of towner.

Gary275

I am not in Houston but Lyft used to be fairly busy here. Now they give a 5 ride $10 boost and I just laugh. Cause if you did that it would take you somewhere between 3 to 7 hours to complete. On Uber you can make minimum $18 hourly before expenses. Picked up a select call at airport on a Uber x drop-off on Uber for $105 plus 20 tip . Not going to happen on Lyft in a million years. Lyft messed up majorly.

HotUberMess

I’d take this. I’d do nothing but short hops.. basically drive in the metro city area. The rides in the city suck because there are a lot of traffic lights. If you make it to 75 rides, this would be $10 per ride and that beats $3 per ride.

HotUberMess

Speaking of surges in Houston, that Women in Tech conference at George R. Brown was awesome! :smiles:

Last Thursday was great. I wish I could have stayed around to drive them all back to the airports yesterday.

Christine
That conference was here last year.. best riders ever LOL

I gave rides to (female) Lyft execs last year who were attending WiT

Microsoft decided to stay in Orlando again this year. I did note both of them run concurrently

Fuzzyelvis

I’d take this. I’d do nothing but short hops.. basically drive in the metro city area. The rides in the city suck because there are a lot of traffic lights. If you make it to 75 rides, this would be $10 per ride and that beats $3 per ride.
Nice that you can tell Lyft not to give you long trips. I can't manage that.

This is not Orlando.