• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft App Update

PioneerXi

Lyft forced an app update upon me this morning. Version 1002.15.3.

Before using the app I had to read and acknowledge background checks in order to drive.
6765B4F3-7F0D-4D8E-AC30-72E2AB1682B7.pngFF1B1DB8-C7C9-4326-BE58-B45F8F5B1AF0.pngFF1B1DB8-C7C9-4326-BE58-B45F8F5B1AF0.png68278439-16F7-49C2-A860-FCD18D560F1E.png12DEAE2E-ADF3-458A-90B2-2F2CAFA68AF5.png

Among the background checks which they will perform are:

• General reputation
  • Work history
  • Educational achievements
  • Interviewing people who are knowledgeable about you.

You know, all the stuff an employer would do for due diligence before employment.

But not so for an independent contractor.

I’ll wait to see what little mischievous anomalies appear with the app.

Attachments

Null

I had to do one of those recently and I ordered a copy.

The BG check they pulled was from 2 years ago. It's like their BG check just pulled an old report and ran with it.

It wasn't even dated from this year and it said my license expired via the date stamp... But was still current.

I also have a support request sent 4 days ago with no response yet. Lyft is dying, I hope they fold soon.

Last edited:

O-Side Uber

They’re purging their veterans and think nothing of it. F/U LYFT!!!

I’ve wondered about that, however it doesn’t make that much sense to get rid of a high rated veteran driver who is doing a great job and bringing in $$. The background checks have gotten more thorough because of pressure from the state for U/L employing drivers convicted of violations or crimes going back more than 7 years.

Even if this new California ruling is goes into effect, and these companies end up owing past drivers $$$. There’s really no point in getting rid of veteran drivers. We will simply be forced to agree to new payment terms or get another job. Purging isn’t necessary . Just my thoughts 💭

Transportador

Im a veteran driver of 4 years with high ratings. I don’t even earn that much for Lyft driving part time and a lot of that is on Uber. I cancel a lot and ignore a lot of Lyft rides. I tell Lyft to F Off all the time. They are not trying to get rid of me. They keep sending me bonuses all the time that I don’t even chase.

O-Side Uber

I’ve wondered about that, however it doesn’t make that much sense to get rid of a high rated veteran driver who is doing a great job and bringing in $$. The background checks have gotten more thorough because of pressure from the state for U/L employing drivers convicted of violations or crimes going back more than 7 years.

Even if this new California ruling is goes into effect, and these companies end up owing past drivers $$$. There’s really no point in getting rid of veteran drivers. We will simply be forced to agree to new payment terms or get another job. Purging isn’t necessary . Just my thoughts 💭

*UPDATE : Lyft is sending me a $250 gift card for being a favorite driver in San Diego. 3k+ rides and 5*. Lyft wouldn’t give me that if they were getting rid of me. They want me to continue being a good little 🐜