• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

lyft app starting rides automatically

rv5

hit arrive. confirm arrival. 10 seconds into the countdown, the ride automatically starts! never hit pick up pax. happened 3 times tonight. anyone else?

Probably added because a lot of driver's would forget to start the trip. More cost effective for lyft.

Use it to your advantage - drive to the leasing office or the call box at the gated community wherever the pin is and hit arrive. Blame lyft if the passenger complain and coach them how to accurately pin point their pickup location.

More money and 5 stars.

Or just take the money.

Fyi you can still get paid on a no show if you cancel the ride.

Greenie

thanks for the answer...
that is the most ridiculous feature i have ever heard of.
Actually it's one of there best feature IMO. How many times have you driven off and forgot to start the ride? The ride starts the moment you start driving. Also, the cancel option is still available to you if no show so you can still get the cancel fee.

MSUGrad9902

I like uber's way better. If the pax isn't at the pin and you go find them, it gives you the option of starting where the pax actually is or starting from the pin. The auto start is no bueno.

Greenie

I like uber's way better. If the pax isn't at the pin and you go find them, it gives you the option of starting where the pax actually is or starting from the pin. The auto start is no bueno.
The rides starts the moment you arrive and if you end up looking for the pax, you're still getting paid. With uber, you don't get paid when you arrive, when you wait, or when you look for that pax. That's all on you. So tell me now how this is better?

MSUGrad9902

The rides starts the moment you arrive and if you end up looking for the pax, you're still getting paid. With uber, you don't get paid when you arrive, when you wait, or when you look for that pax. That's all on you. So tell me now how this is better?
Uber gives you the option to go around the corner for the pax before the trip starts. You can still cancel on them if you get a bad feeling about them. When the trip auto starts on lyft, you cannot. Also the amount you get paid for waiting for the pax with lyft is like less than 50 cents.

If you're in a surge on Uber, and the pax isn't quite at the spot the gps had them, but you still want to get them, it's better for the driver to have the option of starting when they got the pax or at the original location. It's not good to have the trip started already when you get to the pax.

Uber gives you the option to go around the corner for the pax before the trip starts. You can still cancel on them if you get a bad feeling about them. When the trip auto starts on lyft, you cannot. Also the amount you get paid for waiting for the pax with lyft is like less than 50 cents.

If you're in a surge on Uber, and the pax isn't quite at the spot the gps had them, but you still want to get them, it's better for the driver to have the option of starting when they got the pax or at the original location. It's not good to have the trip started already when you get to the pax.
You can still cancel for a no show and get paid for the cancellation fee on Lyft.

It automatically starts after you tapped arrive and after you start moving. Both conditions have to be met.

Gooberlifturwallet

Both Uber and Lyft software blows. Accept a trip on Lyft and I immediately call no waiting no pussyfooting around. Try to hang up the call and it starts the trip. It'll even do it if I have hands-free. When the entitled passenger it's in the car cover the screen with your hand and ask their name. They usually won't piss and moan about you already starting the trip. Of course they will always find some other BS reason to piss and moan and Duke you one star.

Attachments