Lyft app background check for current driver

Sprunt2001

I tried logging into the Lyft app to start driving and I have a message saying my background check is almost complete and I will be notified when I am able to drive. I received no emails about this and drove this morning with no problems. Has anyone seen this before. I sent a message to support but they take 3 to 4 days to respond in my experience.

asian_storm

It should not be related with the TNC, if it was they will say that is the reason. Let me know when they respond you from Lyft.

Sprunt2001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same here. On hold with Lyft support.
Already gave 10 rides today so far, wtf?!
I log off to get food and can't log on again...
How did you get them on the phone? Only option on my app is for email response. It used to give me a choice between a call back or email, but not anymore.
Post automatically merged:

So dumb they send a message saying wel be able to take rides until it passed then this . How are we supposed to feel when they can just stop our income like that
Exactly! So much for getting ride bonus if it's not fixed ASAP

iDisapprove

Just got off phone with Lyft.

This is a wide scale technical issuez

Apparently this is regarding technical issues with Lyft’s third party background and DMV check service “Samba Safety.” I was informed that Samba is experiencing significant technical difficulties and a large amount of drivers are unable to drive due to this situation.

I was also informed that they intend to release an official statement soon regarding this issue.

Last but not least, I was told that I would be compensated for the time lapse once this issue is finally resolved.

SoxFan79

Yeah, just went to the hub. Nationwide glitch, but it should be resolved tonight sometime.

You go into any of your rides, go into the help section, issue with a passenger, passenger was unsafe, then Contact Us. It'll let you request a call...because god forbid we can call directly...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

iDisapprove

Yeah, just went to the hub. Nationwide glitch, but it should be resolved tonight sometime.

You go into any of your rides, go into the help section, issue with a passenger, passenger was unsafe, then Contact Us. It'll let you request a call...because god forbid we can call directly...:rolleyes:

*** NOT advisable. Utilizing that method to get in touch with Lyft is not a good idea as that would put you through to the critical response line rather than regular driver support.

Sprunt2001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got off phone with Lyft.

This is a wide scale technical issuez

Apparently this is regarding technical issues with Lyft’s third party background and DMV check service “Samba Safety.” I was informed that Samba is experiencing significant technical difficulties and a large amount of drivers are unable to drive due to this situation.

I was also informed that they intend to release an official statement soon regarding this issue.

Last but not least, I was told that I would be compensated for the time lapse once this issue is finally resolved.
I'm sure they will prorate the crap out of any compensation and the amount will be laughable.