Lyft and Uber race to the bottom on the backs of drivers exposed!

Yankees7

Thanks. This article is a MUST READ for anyone thinking of supporting themselves full time by rideshare driving.

USMCX

I noticed Lyft even hid the long distance warning for a trip from Hoboken to Metuchen.

DRB720

I had a Lyft request recently from somewhere south of Middlesex County hide the LT going to one of the EWR hotels. Didn't bother me, it was an easy and profitable trip from one of my regular hunting grounds.

Uber burn in hell

Great article! It’s nothing us drivers don’t know already, I liked the “ the unicorn is a donkey “ quote.
In my area most rides I complete is subsidized by fuber. It’s crazy! It’s definitely a race to the bottom, and I’m a 100% sure that bottom is going to collapse. I’ve seen it many times before.
Thanks for the post! I think exposure is the way to go! I try to educate everyone who engages me in conversation about the biz, people are shocked as most people know very little about TNCs, despite the fact they use it on a daily basis. The article reminded me of a very busy weekend at EWR, fuber had put a cap on surges. And everyone was driving for Lyft. It was just funny seeing the fuber queue at 5-11. They probably lost millions that weekend.
Then late sunday nite the surge popped back and in a second it went from 5 cars to 122 in queue. ??
I kept laughing and telling myself. “ oh ya fuber... you want play? Let’s play”? We the 4% are no dummies. That’s why we are still driving.
Anyways educate your pax if they engage you in the subject. EXPOSURE is the way to go.

FlyingFortress

Author
Finally an article exposing these companies race to the bottom on the backs of their drivers...

Thanks so much for this post. I wouldn't have found this on my own. From a driver’s point of view, he nailed it better than most actual TNC drivers have, in my reading anyhow. He puts it ALL together. For a super-smart, credible NON-DRIVER (despite the interviews with actual drivers), he gets it and really legitimizes our complaints and observations. Nice to know that real people agree WITH US. Yet U/L continue to lie and cheat every day like their lives depend on it — to anyone who will listen. And this article brings out why they must continue the lying.

UberwhoIaM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great article! It’s nothing us drivers don’t know already, I liked the “ the unicorn is a donkey “ quote.
In my area most rides I complete is subsidized by fuber. It’s crazy! It’s definitely a race to the bottom, and I’m a 100% sure that bottom is going to collapse. I’ve seen it many times before.
Thanks for the post! I think exposure is the way to go! I try to educate everyone who engages me in conversation about the biz, people are shocked as most people know very little about TNCs, despite the fact they use it on a daily basis. The article reminded me of a very busy weekend at EWR, fuber had put a cap on surges. And everyone was driving for Lyft. It was just funny seeing the fuber queue at 5-11. They probably lost millions that weekend.
Then late sunday nite the surge popped back and in a second it went from 5 cars to 122 in queue. ??
I kept laughing and telling myself. “ oh ya fuber... you want play? Let’s play”? We the 4% are no dummies. That’s why we are still driving.
Anyways educate your pax if they engage you in the subject. EXPOSURE is the way to go.
Yea the good thing about articles and journalists like these are the acknowledgment and recognition of the truth finally..... hopefully more people read articles like this one....

VictorD

Yet U/L continue to lie and cheat every day like their lives depend on it — to anyone who will listen.
Because their lives (i.e. investors' financial fortunes) are completely dependent upon management's continued ability to lie to judges, regulators, market investors, drivers, AND their customers without consequence for as long as they possibly can...

... or, at least until the companies' current stakeholders are able to cash out and walk away which I can see nearly the entire current Board of Directors at Uber doing as soon as they are able to sell their stakes.

On the other hand, I see Zimmer and Green in this for the long haul.

UberwhoIaM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What most people don't understand is.... Uber is only offering 10% of its outstanding shares on the IPO. Roughly 10 billion worth of³ the estimated 100 billion valuation. Soft Bank is the largest share holder with over 222,000,000+ shares. Travis is the 4th largest share holder with 117,000,000+ shares. Softbank is selling almost 6,000,000 at IPO and Travis is selling 3,700,000+ shares at the IPO. There are rules about selling stocks when you own a large position. Any insiders selling large amounts of stock must be made public and in essence dilutes shares and drastically lowers the price. Too much selling by insiders creates panic selling and the price will plummet... smart share holders sell a little at a time....

Screenshot_20190505-212445_LINE.jpg

Uber burn in hell

To Uber Burn In Hell...
Assuming that you still drive, WHY do you drive for U/L??
Cause I make a lot of $$$ doing it. My car is not mine! The gas is covered by advertisement. And I only drive peak hours. I can do back to back surge rides all nite long. Lol. Trust me I got a bag full of tricks.
Post automatically merged:

Cause I make a lot of $$$ doing it. My car is not mine! The gas is covered by advertisement. And I only drive peak hours. I can do back to back surge rides all nite long. Lol. Trust me I got a bag full of tricks.
Oh I drive mainly for Uber, I only use Lyft for DFs.

SuzeCB

Oh I drive mainly for Uber, I only use Lyft for DFs.
If you don't mind, could you share more about the advertising?

Uber burn in hell

Is get 3 types of income from driving my car. I will share it with but privately, just because you seem to help everyone here. And you have help me.?

Wait @SuzeCB wouldn’t qualify for any of them as you would need to show your L/U account activity over a period of 3 months. ?

Last edited:

SuzeCB

Is get 3 types of income from driving my car. I will share it with but privately, just because you seem to help everyone here. And you have help me.?

Wait @SuzeCB wouldn’t qualify for any of them as you would need to show your L/U account activity over a period of 3 months. ?
Eh, we'll see what happens in the fall. :wink:

ToughTommy

I suspected Lyft was getting greedy and have not been doing much PFFFT.
Best thing I thought was that Conneticut was going to make a law where they have to pay 25% of the fare. If there is anything other than higher rates that would benefit all drivers would be this.
Maybe a letter tweet and phone call to Gov Murphy who appears to be leaning far left might take this up as to appear he does care about the worker .

USMCX

I suspected Lyft was getting greedy and have not been doing much PFFFT.
Best thing I thought was that Conneticut was going to make a law where they have to pay 25% of the fare. If there is anything other than higher rates that would benefit all drivers would be this.
Maybe a letter tweet and phone call to Gov Murphy who appears to be leaning far left might take this up as to appear he does care about the worker .
These Left wing politicians always say they're for the worker, but they ALWAYS side with the unions, which we know have their own agenda