Lyft and Uber ants of LA

SanFranant

What’s the next move?

I’m still reading things daily about the awareness you guys raised last Monday.

What’s the next move? I think we need to keep going. Even if it’s small things every couple weeks we need to keep the momentum going.

I’m doing small things here in San Francisco

SanFranant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think now is the time to see if Rideshare United can put their money where their mouth is.
Post automatically merged:

On a personal note, I would love to see the LA drivers, and Orange County drivers avoid Coachella like the plague

This is what a local politician wrote

““As Lyft goes public, minting an untold number of new millionaires, their drivers are on strike for fair treatment and fair wages”

I think we need to think of some creative ways. We can disrupt in LA and San Francisco and we really don’t need all the ants.

Uber is planning IPO in April.

We need to create something for them since they are the ones that started this mess

My favorite quote of all time.

“No need to tip” tips are included in the fare

Carbuncle

What’s the next move?

I’m still reading things daily about the awareness you guys raised last Monday.

What’s the next move? I think we need to keep going. Even if it’s small things every couple weeks we need to keep the momentum going.

I’m doing small things here in San Francisco
Shut down the GGB, BB, and Market St for a day.

It isn’t until people with money feel a sting that anything changes.

OCJarvis

I always liked the idea of many disruptions of service. Things like boycotting the Dodger games, maybe Orange County boycotting Disney between 10 and 11:30 p.m. I really think that's the stuff that hurts

Carbuncle

I always liked the idea of many disruptions of service. Things like boycotting the Dodger games, maybe Orange County boycotting Disney between 10 and 11:30 p.m. I really think that's the stuff that hurts
Nothing will happen.

You have to shut something serious down for the better part of a day.

OCJarvis

The problem with that is you have drivers that are struggling financially trying to support their families and pay the bills. Day-long strikes don't work for them. I don't think anybody is happy with the pay rate. What needs to happen it's for the word to get out, and lots of driver education. I think a lot more drivers would follow with a plan as long as it doesn't ruin them financially for a day

Nothing will happen.

You have to shut something serious down for the better part of a day.

Think of it as death by a thousand needles

SanFranant

Whoever that rideshare group was in LA did a good job. That little “ Strike” received a ton of coverage

I think they need to start a go fund me page so we can do something really big.

I would donate my Uber/ Lyft pennies

To be honest I make ok money here in SF I just hate what Lyft and Uber are doing to people. I also know it’s only a matter of time before it’s 40 cents a mile

The problem with that is you have drivers that are struggling financially trying to support their families and pay the bills. Day-long strikes don't work for them. I don't think anybody is happy with the pay rate. What needs to happen it's for the word to get out, and lots of driver education. I think a lot more drivers would follow with a plan as long as it doesn't ruin them financially for a day

I don’t think we need 10,000 drivers thou.

I think we can do some disruption with a small number of drivers and it will grow.

Social media is bigger than ever. I think the time might be now

OCJarvis

I don't think we do either. I think the biggest thing we can do are actions that create bad press towards Uber and Lyft.

Whoever that rideshare group was in LA did a good job. That little “ Strike” received a ton of coverage

I think they need to start a go fund me page so we can do something really big.

I would donate my Uber/ Lyft pennies

To be honest I make ok money here in SF I just hate what Lyft and Uber are doing to people. I also know it’s only a matter of time before it’s 40 cents a mile

I don’t think we need 10,000 drivers thou.

I think we can do some disruption with a small number of drivers and it will grow.

Social media is bigger than ever. I think the time might be now

But on the flip side of that, we still need to hit those companies in the wallet. That's the only thing they seem to understand

Carbuncle

If you can’t take one day off to make your voice heard you definitely need to take literally any other job.

Panda Express and In-n-Out definitely pay better and offer benefits. Costco, Target, bartending, waiting tables, cook, lawn care...

Seriously, ANYTHING pays better, ESPECIALLY if you’re a family person.

Sorry if I’m sounding harsh here but it’s what needs to be heard: there’s no way in hell this is a job anyone with a family should be doing to support them.

You’ve got kids to raise? Definitely stop doing this job.

I don't think we do either. I think the biggest thing we can do are actions that create bad press towards Uber and Lyft.

But on the flip side of that, we still need to hit those companies in the wallet. That's the only thing they seem to understand
50-100 drivers could easily shut down Market St for a day.

Or Figueroa.

Or both.

OCJarvis

It's a really easy thing to say , but you can't be so quick to rush to judgment. There's drivers out there , me being one of them that are stuck in a situation where traditional employment cannot work for them.

I understand where you're coming from. I make enough money in this gig even with the rate cuts to afford a day off. Especially for something as important as this. I just think it's a bad idea to alienate a good portion of the drivers who truly can't do it. These are the drivers that would benefit the most for the rate increase

If you can’t take one day off to make your voice heard you definitely need to take literally any other job.

Panda Express and In-n-Out definitely pay better and offer benefits. Costco, Target, bartending, waiting tables, cook, lawn care...

Sorry if I’m sounding harsh here but it’s what needs to be heard: there’s no way in hell this is a job anyone with a family should be doing to support them.

I think a hundred drivers cruising downtown LA at 5 miles per hour, denying pings as they go would be a wonderful idea

50-100 drivers could easily shut down Market St for a day.

Or Figueroa.

Or both.

SanFranant

I think we need to stop talking about what we can’t do and start creating ideas about what we can do.

We start small and then we grow.

I’m willing to scarfice.

Also remember here in SF we have the offices of the investment groups. They are all in one area in Menlo Park.

Carbuncle

It's a really easy thing to say , but you can't be so quick to rush to judgment. There's drivers out there , me being one of them that are stuck in a situation where traditional employment cannot work for them.

I understand where you're coming from. I make enough money in this gig even with the rate cuts to afford a day off. Especially for something as important as this. I just think it's a bad idea to alienate a good portion of the drivers who truly can't do it. These are the drivers that would benefit the most for the rate increase
Then get used to being treated this way.

Anyone not willing to do whatever it takes best get used to whatever they get - and never @@@@@ about it again.

My grandfather survived Omaha Beach, got shelled in a foxhole, dragged his bloodied, mangled body to help, was told he’d never walk again, graduated from UCLA with an engineering degree, flew planes, had a great career developing advanced weapons systems - and did it all standing tall and walking with a cane instead of being confined to a wheelchair likethe doctors said he would be.

Dude, people overcome truly insane shit to reach goals.

If drivers want better pay and respect they MUST demand it.

Whatever it takes.

OCJarvis

I'm willing to sacrifice too. But healthy dialogue is always a good thing , whether we talk about what we can or can't do, what others can or can't do. A variety of different people with different opinions is a great thing

I think we need to stop talking about what we can’t do and start creating ideas about what we can do.

We start small and then we grow.

I’m willing to scarfice.

Also remember here in SF we have the offices of the investment groups. They are all in one area in Menlo Park.

k4ever

I'm down about disrupting anything, ... but also something that wont get my car impounded, get myself ticketed, or worse taken to jail.
Any ideas?
Picketing wont bring the press again, unless it is somewhere popular and a LOT of people show up.

Carbuncle

I'm willing to sacrifice too. But healthy dialogue is always a good thing , whether we talk about what we can or can't do, what others can or can't do. A variety of different people with different opinions is a great thing
If drivers can’t get at least 100 strong to pull together and close a street or a bridge then the terrible pay and treatment is deserved.

SanFranant

Also what’s disgusting to me is how they brought drivers to ring the IPO bell with them. Also spreading PR that drivers got options for shares.

lie After lie. I really think the time is now.

Carbuncle

I'm down about disrupting anything, ... but also something that wont get my car impounded, get myself ticketed, or worse taken to jail.
Any ideas?
Picketing wont bring the press again, unless it is somewhere popular and a LOT of people show up.
Whatever it takes.

Letting Uber and Lyft win here means others will spread this cancer of abuse to every industry possible.

SanFranant

Whatever it takes.

Letting Uber and Lyft win here means others will spread this cancer of abuse to every industry possible.

I agree. I work 14 hours a day here in SF

I have 4 months left. Before I leave this industry I want to help other ants because I know that it’s going to get worse every month / year.

It has never gotten better. Not one feature has been introduced to actually help us