• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft and their Manipulative Demand PrimeTime

Kurt Halfyard

Author
They’ve been doing this a lot lately, for those of us not transitioned to Personal Power Zones (PPZ).

It’s misleading as it is Prime Time decoupled for actual demand. And if I recall correctly, you are just as likely to get non-PT rides in the full pink zone.

I believe the actual red blob in the downtown core, but not the highlighter Peach around the entire LYFT space in the Greater Golden Horseshoe Area (GGHA.)

racer26

I have seen this a few times - seems to come most frequently when there is a legit spike in demand somewhere in the Lyft served area, and the entire region lights up. I wondered if it wasn't intended to maintain some of the spread of drivers by not over-incentivizing the surging location wrt everywhere else.

Gone_in_60_seconds

They’ve been doing this a lot lately, for those of us not transitioned to Personal Power Zones (PPZ).

It’s misleading as it is Prime Time decoupled for actual demand. And if I recall correctly, you are just as likely to get non-PT rides in the full pink zone.

I believe the actual red blob in the downtown core, but not the highlighter Peach around the entire LYFT space in the Greater Golden Horseshoe Area (GGHA.)

View attachment 326229
Ha Ha, you fell for Lyft click bait. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

dmoney155

Those personal ones are great... I pumped one up to $15. Unfortunately let it got for uber's surge 2.0x that I locked in prior. Kept lyft pumping in case uber's was a shortie, however turned out to be airport ride... too bad you lose the lyft's bonus once you leave the area.