• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft account on hold

NJDriver78

My Lyft account was put on hold due to a random DMV check of my record. Nothing but boiler plate emails and non-support from driver support reps when I try to figure out what the problem is. I checked my abstract and all that’s different from before I started driving for Lyft is that some guy rear ended me at a stop sign and apparently that set off a red flag. Lyft is now forcing me to rely solely on Uber where I make more money in less time than I did when alternating between the two companies. So I suppose I should thank Lyft for being so inefficient.

Phoenix123

Sucks cause we hear of these stories all the time & it’s usually the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing

SuzeCB

My Lyft account was put on hold due to a random DMV check of my record. Nothing but boiler plate emails and non-support from driver support reps when I try to figure out what the problem is. I checked my abstract and all that’s different from before I started driving for Lyft is that some guy rear ended me at a stop sign and apparently that set off a red flag. Lyft is now forcing me to rely solely on Uber where I make more money in less time than I did when alternating between the two companies. So I suppose I should thank Lyft for being so inefficient.
That's all that's different from before, but it could have been your 3rd of 3-in-3, perhaps?

25rides7daysaweek

If you make more money in less time
why did you ever drive lyft at all??
Only reason I started doing lyft was
uber didnt keep me busy enough...

SinTaxERROR

Was this hold specifically a random background check of DMV, or is it your annual background check thru Chekr that they are completing?

NJDriver78

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Random DMV check. I sent them the info on the accident I got into that was 100% the other driver’s fault. No response

Driver Cat

Was this incident while on or off the app? I can't quote it verbatim but I'm quite sure Lyft policy states that anytime you have any kind of driving incident that goes on your official records (regardless of whether you're driving for them or on your own time) you have to report it to Lyft in advance. If they didn't have a record of you reporting the incident to them and it just 'popped up' during a routine review of your DMV record that's probably why they flagged and suspended the account. Worse, if the incident actually happened while logged onto the app and their internal records correlate with the time of the incident (regardless of party at fault) then they could have legitimate cause to deactivate you permanently — I hope that's not the case.

I assume they would do the same if you got a speeding ticket or cited for any kind of traffic infraction while driving on your own time, didn't notify them in advance, and they found out about it.

Benjamin M

Man, fudge Lyft.

These people used to make drivers put pink mustaches on their cars. They scold drivers for canceling or declining, even if it's just a couple of pings. They don't have easily accessible support. They make it difficult to earn anything if you have to cancel a trip.

The Amp is pretty nifty and my rating on Lyft is 5* thanks to default 5* ratings, other than that - nah.

kc ub'ing!

Lyft booted me after a mechanical breakdown couple weeks ago. I fixed the issue the next day, but Lyft won’t re-activate me till I get a useless inspection. @@@@ em! Uber’s keeping me plenty bizzy. I’ll get around to it but for now, why be a slave to two @@@@@@@@?