Lyft Acceptance Rate and Deactivation

Ubermakesmewet

Well, I will try to not cancel but this short rides are getting ridiculous, my AR on Uber is over 80% and my cancellation rate about 15%

smoran26

I had to use the Urban dictionary for that one lol! Lyft just sucks, every trip is 2 miles away, and customers are barely going 1/2 mile. Does that make any sense?

Are the average Lyft rides shorter than the average Uber? Any theory on why? And is there any way to make money with those short rides or are they just a killer?

Prime87

If you canceled 10 trips in a day I would be surprised if they didn't give you the boot unless you have an insane number of rides. I would expect at least a warning from them.

scamp

I had to use the Urban dictionary for that one lol! Lyft just sucks, every trip is 2 miles away, and customers are barely going 1/2 mile. Does that make any sense?

Lyft was harassing me daily over my low acceptance rate, so for last 3 weeks I drove almost only Uber. I wrote Lyft support and told them just that, your harassment just drives me back to Uber who doesn't bug me about 50% acceptance rate. Rep gave me the song and dance it's best for system if you accept most rides, and I replied good for YOUR business NOT mine.

Last night was first time in weeks drove for Lyft. They lured me back with lucrative airport powerzone and a very doable 15 trip weekend incentive. I scored my best Sunday in months so I'll give them a try again but if they start harassing me again, back to Uber.

Last edited:

Ubermakesmewet

Are the average Lyft rides shorter than the average Uber? Any theory on why? And is there any way to make money with those short rides or are they just a killer?
Dead miles, nothing but stress, if you drive 9+ minutes for a customer, that platform isn't profitable in my take. But note, Lyft surge is somewhat attractive even on short rides, if when you get any surge anyways.

scamp

Dead miles, nothing but stress, if you drive 9+ minutes for a customer, that platform isn't profitable in my take. But note, Lyft surge is somewhat attractive even on short rides, if when you get any surge anyways.

As I'm approaching 100,000 on my 2010 Elantra, I'm trying to driver SMARTER and less mile. With Lyft, I definitely put more dead miles on my car vs Uber's destination filter often saves me an empty ride all the way back. Also, Uber stacked pings are often very close, like .1 miles vs Lyft are often miles away.

Ubermakesmewet

As I'm approaching 100,000 on my 2010 Elantra, I'm trying to driver SMARTER and less mile. With Lyft, I definitely put more dead miles on my car vs Uber's destination filter often saves me an empty ride all the way back. Also, Uber stacked pings are often very close, like .1 miles vs Lyft are often miles away.

Yesterday, I went to Framingham twice from Logan, Lyft gave zero rides on my way back, I think I got one but that would put me way off track. Lyft DF sucks.

scamp

Yesterday, I went to Framingham twice from Logan, Lyft gave zero rides on my way back, I think I got one but that would put me way off track. Lyft DF sucks.

ICAM, its destination filter is horrible and Uber's Trip Preferences ensures I don't get stuck in the 93south traffic nightmare.

BostonTaxiDriver

I was warned in February after only a few weeks of Lyft experience, but still kept cancelling too much.

They eventually deactivated me. I wrote them right away to reconsider, and they reinstated me quickly, under "final warning."

I cancelled just a few in subsequent weeks, without any further warnings from them. Not sure how many cancels after reinstatement can permanently deactivate a driver.

Kamuye

Lyft pissed me off this morning I got a line request I was at babson college it got me off my truck drove 10 mins and this person was going half a mile away . I made sure I stay in the traffic forever it took 20mins for the drop off to be done

BostonTaxiDriver

but wait, Lyft is the driver friendly, feel good community, isn't it? LOL
That's what we're supposed to tell pax, because that's what they've been led to believe.

Lyft is too, too stressful with automatic pings thrown at me, without knowing their rating, name, and no way to easily cancel sans consequences.

And looking foolish not knowing which 100 Elm Street in eastern MA I will be driving to (other than the app saying 30 minutes away; at least Uber tells you the city and zip code, so you don't have to ask the pax.