Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft $325 Bonus

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Jesusdrivesuber 
#1 ·
First post, long time lurker. Has anyone received the $325 Lyft incentive? I got it today, but Lyft has been very dead for days now, even Saturday night in South Beach, Brickell, various parts of Broward, etc.

Has something happened recently that I'm not aware of? Looks like I won't be able to touch the 35 rides required. I've been online for 1 hour. Nothing yet.

#2 ·
First thing you have to determine with a Lyft promotion is this: Is it a BONUS, or a GUARANTEE?

If it's a bonus, usually you will have to do a huge number of rides, 90% acceptance rate, and a large number of those rides must be in peak hours.

If it's a guarantee, it's worded like: Do 35 rides and make $325 guaranteed!

What that means is that Lyft will calculate your total driver income for that period -- and if it's LESS than $325, they will pay you the difference. Not $325 extra!

And typically, if you do 35 rides, your income should be pretty close to $325 -- that's just a little over $9 per ride.

Understand, however, than any in-app tips are also counted as your income.

So if you make $300 in ride revenue and $20 in in-app tips, Lyft will graciously pay you $5.

It's all spelled out clearly in their information, but you have to read the details.

#3 · (Edited)
Is it a BONUS or a Guaranteed $325 for 35 trips?

Don't be fooled

If it is a guaranteed is just $9.28 per trip, however knowing how Lyft adds LINE paxs to your QUE without eve asking be prepare for the worst and to take a hit on your feedback. Lyf Liners just plain SUCK so I just don't accept any, therefore my acceptance rate is never at 90%, and that alone disqualify me from their guarantee BS.

which works out great...

#6 ·
Yeah, Lyft promotions are typically bullshit unless you are a full-time Lyft-only driver.

Don't get me wrong, Lyft comes in handy at times. Sometimes Uber is slow and Lyft provides extra business.

Yesterday I got a nice Uber ride to the boondocks and was planning on dead-heading back. But I put both apps on, and within about 3 minutes, got a very nice $12 Lyft Line ride right back where I wanted to be.

Lyft is not a BAD thing, but their promotions are specifically designed to take advantage of people who don't read the words right in front of them. And full-time, Lyft-only drivers.

#5 ·
If you’ve been lurking so long, you should know the answer seeing as how it gets asked once per month!! And why would your first post on an Uber forum be about Lyft?!

Kidding. lol. But since you’ve been lurking so long you should know how we get down.

But seriously, if it’s a guarantee, don’t kill yourself trying to get it. Chances are you’ll make that much (or REALLY close to it) with 35 rides. That’s about $9.30 per ride. Don’t be surprised if you get a few long rides to start with, and then 30 minimum-fare rides if you’re only doing Lyft/Line.

If your platforms include Plus and above, you’ll definitely make $325 after 35 rides assuming you can get that many rides of course. The slow season is upon us. I’m personally going back to playing poker soon.

PS ... welcome.

#8 ·
The only lyft promo I like is the streak. $9 or $12 or $16. That’s the only time I accept everything because I have too. One time I did a 3 pax line and got that $9 on one short ride because all 3 were within a mile and then got another $9 on the next 2 rides. Hey it’s better than nothing.

#9 ·
The only lyft promo I like is the streak. $9 or $12 or $16. That's the only time I accept everything because I have too. One time I did a 3 pax line and got that $9 on one short ride because all 3 were within a mile and then got another $9 on the next 2 rides. Hey it's better than nothing.
I had a $25 streak awhile back. Lauderdale, Miami, back to Lauderdale.

#10 ·
It appears uber fixed the rider app and now shows the economy page with pool and x now, just a theory as I updated the app yesterday. XL business has plummeted at least today.

It also looks like they added a clue that the page can be swiped but people still probably won't figure it out

I don't understand why they can't put all 6 cars on a single menu page.

May be if more drivers complained about the app they would make us a new one

Reactions: Flacco
#13 ·
It appears uber fixed the rider app and now shows the economy page with pool and x now, just a theory as I updated the app yesterday. XL business has plummeted at least today.

It also looks like they added a clue that the page can be swiped but people still probably won't figure it out
It's been like that for several weeks. That's why we get occasional 1-2 pax XL rides. They open to the XL, Lux, LuxSUV page and pick the least expensive ride!

I don't understand why they can't put all 6 cars on a single menu page.
Because they want to promote Pool and CessPool.

Modestly higher Pool fare than CessPool, but BIG jump to X...and viola! Riders take Pool or CessPool and Uber collects 2-3 fares while paying the driver one X-20% payout. It's the new math for Uber.

uber does suck for drivers at least lyft offers some things like streaks, power zones and the the recent fee increase now the minimum lyft ride is $2.89 vs $2.50 on uber for the driver....when people ask me which I like better....I tell them....and why...
Some of those probably work for full-time drivers. But for me:
  • I don't get enough Lyft rides to put together a streak. I average about 1.5 Lyft rides a day, and I've had weeks with zero.
  • 10% Power Zones are not worth driving to.
  • And I'll certainly take the massive $.42 increase on that extremely rare Lyft minimum fare ride -- but in reality, it's more of a gesture than a real thing. Very similar to Uber's $.50 additional pickup payment for CessPool and Pool -- it's nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.